DSS Startup failed on MacOS 11 Big Sur

Solved!
AndreyK
Level 1
DSS Startup failed on MacOS 11 Big Sur

I've updated MacOS up to 11.0 and can't use DSS. Reinstall don't solve problem.

I get following message when DSS starting:

Starting Data Science Studio.app

dssHome:/Users/akuprikov/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home dssBin:/Users/akuprikov/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss

Starting Java check

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/_find-java.sh

[Install] [+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_261"

[Java check] /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

[Java check] EOF reached

Java check terminated with status 0

dss-version exists, doing stop-upgrade-start

Running DSS task for 'stop'

[DSS] dss: DSS supervisor is not running

[DSS] EOF reached

[dss stop] EOF reached

[dss stop] Exception reading from handle *** -[NSConcreteFileHandle availableData]: Bad file descriptor

[Install] *********************************************

*           Dataiku DSS installer           *

[Install] [+] /Users/akuprikov/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home already exists and is a DSS installation

[Install] [+] Saving installation log to /Users/akuprikov/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/run/install.log

[Install] [+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_261"

[Install] [+] Checking required dependencies

[Install] + Detected OS distribution : osx 11.0

[Install] *** OS distribution not supported *** osx 11.0

[Install] 

[-] Dependency check failed

[-] You can install required dependencies with:

[-]    sudo -i "/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/install/install-deps.sh" -without-java

[-] You can also disable this check with the -n installer flag

[install] EOF reached

[install] EOF reached

DSS installer terminated with status 1

DSS installer failed , fatal error

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
AndreyK
Level 1
Author

I've found workaround:

1. Reinstall DSS (may be it works without reinstall but I did it in my case)
2. You will get same error when DSS starting up. Close DSS.
3. open Terminal and run:

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/installer.sh -d /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home -y -u -n

Note: option -n force compatability check

Note: in all commands replace <your_user_name> with your own user name

4. Run following command when setup script finishes:

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss start

and wait some time before backend starts

5. Open your browser and open DSS page: http://localhost:11200/

View solution in original post

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Please note that with the most recent release (version 8.04) this issue has been resolved.

Download DSS version 8.04 

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
AndreyK
Level 1
Author

I've found workaround:

1. Reinstall DSS (may be it works without reinstall but I did it in my case)
2. You will get same error when DSS starting up. Close DSS.
3. open Terminal and run:

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/installer.sh -d /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home -y -u -n

Note: option -n force compatability check

Note: in all commands replace <your_user_name> with your own user name

4. Run following command when setup script finishes:

and wait some time before backend starts

5. Open your browser and open DSS page: http://localhost:11200/

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Glad that helped! In the future you can try to modify the install-deps.sh script to prevent the “notSupported” function from being called after the OS version check is done. You can do this by editing /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/install/install-deps.sh and either remove or comment out lines 174 - 176:

if [ "$major" -ne 10 -o "$minor" -lt 12 ]; then
notSupported
fi

If you have an existing local DSS instance that was installed via the command line (i.e. you used the osx.tar.gz instead of the dmg file), then it will continue working when you start DSS. Probably you will need to modify install-deps.sh though if you’re looking to do a fresh “command line” install on Mac using the osx installer.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
Vivek_Gupta
Level 1

Following command not working - 

Getting errorzsh: no such file or directory: /Users/vivek.gupt/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss

0 Kudos
miro111
Level 1

Thanks Corey, it worked perfectly.

tgb417

@AndreyK 

I'm wondering if you are running DSS on MacOS 11 running on Intel Chip Set OR apple Silicon M1.  

Based on my research about Homebrew on Apple Silicon M1 Chip, my guess would be that you are running on Intel?  However, it would be very cool if you told us you were running on Apple Silicon M1 under Rosetta 2.

--Tom
0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Please note that with the most recent release (version 8.04) this issue has been resolved.

Download DSS version 8.04 

0 Kudos
troyangrignon
Level 1

Hi @CoreyS , I'm on a Mac Mini running Mac OS 11.1 (20C69) Big Sur. I have attempted both of the proposed fixes here in this thread but the problem persists. Essentially the backend won't start. I did get it running one time, but it has never worked since. 

I've deleted and reinstalled the entire DSS folder in the Library and the app, and all of those reinstalls have been from the 8.0.4 dmg file. I've rebooted the computer between installations. All to no avail. 

Backend.log is showing:

CommandLine flags: -XX:InitialHeapSize=268435456 -XX:MaxHeapSize=4294967296 -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=kill -9 %p -XX:+PrintGC -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+UseCompressedClassPointers -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseG1GC 
0.370: [GC pause (G1 Evacuation Pause) (young) 24M->4426K(256M), 0.0035560 secs]
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.303] [main] [INFO] [dku]  - ----------------------------------------
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.303] [main] [INFO] [dku]  - DSS startup: backend version:8.0.4
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.303] [main] [INFO] [dku]  - DSS home: /Users/MyUserNameRedacted/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.303] [main] [INFO] [dku]  - OS: Mac OS X 10.16 x86_64 - Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_281
0.566: [GC pause (G1 Evacuation Pause) (young) 38M->10M(256M), 0.0050549 secs]
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.604] [main] [INFO] [dku]  - Starting on port 11201
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/lib/ivy/backend-run/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/lib/ivy/common-run/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.623] [main] [INFO] [org.eclipse.jetty.util.log]  - Logging initialized @702ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog
[2021/01/30-13:37:25.736] [main] [ERROR] [com.dataiku.dip.utils.JSON]  - Error while parsing JSON file /Users/MyUserNameRedacted/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/config/general-settings.json
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '/Users/MyUserNameRedacted/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/config/general-settings.json' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:299)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1711)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1734)
at com.dataiku.dip.utils.JSON.parseFile(JSON.java:316)
at com.dataiku.dip.cluster.ClusterSelector.selectGlobal(ClusterSelector.java:96)
at com.dataiku.dip.DSSBackendMain.main(DSSBackendMain.java:100)
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '/Users/MyUserNameRedacted/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/config/general-settings.json' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:299)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1711)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1734)
at com.dataiku.dip.utils.JSON.parseFile(JSON.java:316)
at com.dataiku.dip.cluster.ClusterSelector.selectGlobal(ClusterSelector.java:96)
at com.dataiku.dip.DSSBackendMain.main(DSSBackendMain.java:100)

Any thoughts? Seems like perhaps this is not solved completely in 8.0.4?

Thanks for your help. Let me know if I can grab any other log files for you.

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @troyangrignon to confirm is your Mac Mani with the M1 chip? If it is, unfortunately at this time DSS installation on Apple M1 MacBooks is not supported. We currently do not have an ETA for a compatible release. 

More information about M1 compatibility with DSS can be found on this thread: DSS fail to install on Mac M1 

I hope this helps and I look forward to your confirmation.

0 Kudos
troyangrignon
Level 1

It is not the M1 chip. It's the 3.2GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7.

As a work-around for now, I have installed VirtualBox and set it up in there using your .OVA but if you find out more information about running it natively that solves this, I'd love to hear about it. 

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @troyangrignon 

'/Users/MyUserNameRedacted/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/config/general-settings.json' does not exist

means there was either installation or some kind of permission issue. This file is basically "main" config file of DSS.

Can you please check/list the content of  /Users/MyUserNameRedacted/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/config/ directory (ls -lA)?

troyangrignon
Level 1

drwxr-xr-x  11 troyangrignon  staff   352 Feb  1 09:23 .

drwxr-xr-x  30 troyangrignon  staff   960 Jan 30 13:39 ..

-rw-r--r--@  1 troyangrignon  staff  6148 Feb  1 09:23 .DS_Store

drwxr-xr-x   9 troyangrignon  staff   288 Jan 29 18:12 .git

-rw-r--r--   1 troyangrignon  staff    76 Jan 29 18:12 .gitignore

drwxr-xr-x   2 troyangrignon  staff    64 Jan 29 18:12 .ts

-rw-r--r--   1 troyangrignon  staff     0 Jan 29 18:12 .wlock

-rw-r--r--   1 troyangrignon  staff   134 Jan 29 18:12 dip.properties

drwxr-xr-x   2 troyangrignon  staff    64 Jan 29 18:12 ipython_notebooks

drwxr-xr-x   2 troyangrignon  staff    64 Jan 29 18:12 projects

-rw-r--r--   1 troyangrignon  staff     2 Jan 29 18:12 public-apikeys.json

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Thanks. That doesn't look good (like half of the content has been deleted) as I would expect to see something like this: 

➜  ~ ls -la /Users/<username>/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/config 
total 120
drwxr-xr-x  22 dyse  staff    704 Sep 22 14:10 .
drwxr-xr-x  32 dyse  staff   1024 Dec 15 15:57 ..
drwxr-xr-x  11 dyse  staff    352 Sep 22 14:11 .git
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff     76 Jul 23  2020 .gitignore
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff      0 Jul 23  2020 .mainlock
drwxr-xr-x   2 dyse  staff     64 Sep 22 14:10 .ts
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff      0 Jul 23  2020 .wlock
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff    155 Jul 23  2020 achievements.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff     49 Jul 23  2020 configkey.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff   3751 Jul 27  2020 connections.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff    134 Jul 23  2020 dip.properties
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff  10336 Jul 25  2020 general-settings.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff   1276 Jul 23  2020 global-flow-filters.json
drwxr-xr-x   3 dyse  staff     96 Jul 23  2020 ipython_notebooks
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff   1016 Jul 23  2020 license.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff     20 Jul 25  2020 messaging-channels.json
drwxr-xr-x   3 dyse  staff     96 Sep  2 18:16 project_folders
drwxr-xr-x   4 dyse  staff    128 Sep  2 18:16 projects
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff      2 Jul 23  2020 public-apikeys.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff     39 Jul 27  2020 twitter.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff   3426 Sep 22 14:10 users.json
-rw-r--r--   1 dyse  staff      2 Jul 25  2020 variables.json

Can you please provide the install.log from /Users/<username>/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/run directory for review? 

0 Kudos
troyangrignon
Level 1

Sure, see attached. Keep in mind that I've deleted the entire DSS folder multiple times so this log only has a few of the installs in it.

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Thanks. I found several attempts to install DSS and some of them have failed but I am more concerned about this one: 

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/install/install-deps.sh: line 178: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'

It's not expected to see such error and look like you commented out wrong lines. More importantly, for DSS8.0.4 you don't need to comment out anything as we have added support for BigSur already. So please make sure you revert all the changes done to install-deps.sh (or any other files) script and run the installation once again. You might need to wipe out everything and start from scratch. 

I have just checked and can confirm there are no issues installing DSS8.0.4 on macOS 11.1 (20C69):

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 21.32.56.png

0 Kudos
troyangrignon
Level 1

Thanks @Sergey 

I definitely commented out some wrong lines on one of the passes (the directions in this post were slightly off I thought.)

I’m buried today but will re-attempt later.

I definitely deleted the whole DSS folder and app, then deleted trash (which would have removed any modifications I made to the install-deps.sh file) and then reinstalled from 8.0.4 DMG. As in…probably 5 times. 

I’ll try again tonight or tomorrow when I have time and will let you know. Meanwhile my VM is running fine in VirtualBox. 

Thanks

Troy
0 Kudos
troyangrignon
Level 1

@Sergey I deleted the DSS app and the /Library/DataScienceStudio folder, emptied the trash and restarted and then reinstalled from a clean 8.0.4 .dmg file. Upon launch it failed. Once again it looks like some sort of Java failure. I did download Java Version 8, Update 281 (current recommended version for Mac OS X). 

Install.log now shows:

Data Science Studio installer: 2021/02/02-19:33:06
Command line: /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/installer.sh -d /Users/troyangrignon/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home -p 11200
Version: {"product_version" : "8.0.4", "product_commitid" : ""}
DIP_HOME: /Users/troyangrignon/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home

[+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_281"
[+] Checking required dependencies
+ Detected OS distribution : osx 11.1
+ Checking required packages...
[+] Installation starting
[+] Initializing Python environment
[+] Initializing Python environment using default 'python2.7'
[+] Extracting virtualenv in /var/folders/dc/jnj_3yys2sq_nljwr6fcdp140000gp/T/dku_virtualenv.XXXXXX.RDSlXR8y
New python executable in /Users/troyangrignon/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...
done.
[+] Precompiling Dataiku Python code
[+] Precompiling Jupyter Python code
[+] Precompiling third-party Python 2.7 code
[+] Performing initial install
[+] Writing version metadata conf=8020 product=8.0.4 revision=
[+] Writing default install config file
[+] Writing default env file
[+] Preparing data directory initial data
[2021/02/02-19:33:21.677] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Loading logging settings
[2021/02/02-19:33:21.749] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Configuring additional logging settings from /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/resources/logging/dku-log4j.properties
[2021/02/02-19:33:21.763] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Configuring additional JUL logging settings from /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/resources/logging/dku-log-jul.properties
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/lib/ivy/backend-run/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/lib/ivy/common-run/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.nextSpi(SecretKeyFactory.java:295)
at javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.<init>(SecretKeyFactory.java:121)
at javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.getInstance(SecretKeyFactory.java:160)
at com.dataiku.dip.util.PasswordUtils.encryptPassword(PasswordUtils.java:53)
at com.dataiku.dip.dao.UsersDAO$User.setSecurePassword(UsersDAO.java:67)
at com.dataiku.dip.dao.UsersDAO$User.<init>(UsersDAO.java:94)
at com.dataiku.dip.dao.impl.FilesBasedUsersDAO.addUser(FilesBasedUsersDAO.java:259)
at com.dataiku.dip.cli.internalcmd.InitialSetupHome.execute(InitialSetupHome.java:155)
at com.dataiku.dip.cli.DKU.dispatchOnCommand(DKU.java:121)
at com.dataiku.dip.cli.DKU.main(DKU.java:187)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Can not initialize cryptographic mechanism
at javax.crypto.JceSecurity.<clinit>(JceSecurity.java:93)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: The jurisdiction policy files are not signed by the expected signer! (Policy files are specific per major JDK release.Ensure the correct version is installed.)
at javax.crypto.JarVerifier.verifyPolicySigned(JarVerifier.java:336)
at javax.crypto.JceSecurity.loadPolicies(JceSecurity.java:378)
at javax.crypto.JceSecurity.setupJurisdictionPolicies(JceSecurity.java:323)
at javax.crypto.JceSecurity.access$000(JceSecurity.java:50)
at javax.crypto.JceSecurity$1.run(JceSecurity.java:85)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.crypto.JceSecurity.<clinit>(JceSecurity.java:82)
... 10 more

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @troyangrignon 

Yes, I saw that error in the original install.log. I have wiped out my DSS installed on my Mac, upgraded Java to the same version you have and had no issues installing DSS:

Data Science Studio installer: 2021/02/03-13:27:49
Command line: /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/installer.sh -d /Users/dyse/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home -p 11200
Version: {"product_version" : "8.0.4", "product_commitid" : ""}
DIP_HOME: /Users/dyse/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home

[+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_281"
[+] Checking required dependencies
+ Detected OS distribution : osx 11.1
+ Checking required packages...
[+] Installation starting
[+] Initializing Python environment
[+] Initializing Python environment using default 'python2.7'
[+] Extracting virtualenv in /var/folders/2z/nsgkwg9d54g8sh73hnqst_lr0000gn/T/dku_virtualenv.XXXXXX.diM5RPjI
New python executable in /Users/dyse/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...
done.
[+] Precompiling Dataiku Python code
[+] Precompiling Jupyter Python code
[+] Precompiling third-party Python 2.7 code
[+] Performing initial install
[+] Writing version metadata conf=8020 product=8.0.4 revision=
[+] Writing default install config file
[+] Writing default env file
[+] Preparing data directory initial data
[2021/02/03-13:28:11.435] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Loading logging settings
[2021/02/03-13:28:11.541] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Configuring additional logging settings from /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/resources/logging/dku-log4j.properties
[2021/02/03-13:28:11.570] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Configuring additional JUL logging settings from /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/resources/logging/dku-log-jul.properties
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
Installed kernelspec python2 in /Users/dyse/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/jupyter-run/jupyter/kernels/python2
[+] Generating default env file
[+] Generating supervisor configuration
[+] Generating nginx configuration
* Installation complete (DSS node type: design)
* Next, start DSS using:
*         '/Users/dyse/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss start'
* Dataiku DSS will be accessible on http://<SERVER ADDRESS>:11200

Can you check the Java security directory: 

ls -lRA $JAVA_HOME/lib/security/

You might have missing directories there as well. 

I would expect to see the next results: 

✗ ls -lRA $JAVA_HOME/lib/security/      
total 352
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    4054 Dec  9 14:54 blacklist
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    2488 Dec  9 14:54 blacklisted.certs
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  108679 Dec  9 14:54 cacerts
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    2466 Dec  9 14:54 java.policy
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   49516 Dec  9 14:54 java.security
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel      98 Dec  9 14:56 javaws.policy
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel     128 Mar 12  2020 policy
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel       0 Dec  9 14:54 trusted.libraries

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/security//policy:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  128 Feb  3 09:49 limited
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  128 Feb  3 09:49 unlimited

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/security//policy/limited:
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3482 Dec  9 14:54 US_export_policy.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3984 Dec  9 14:54 local_policy.jar

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/security//policy/unlimited:
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3482 Dec  9 14:54 US_export_policy.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3490 Dec  9 14:54 local_policy.jar
0 Kudos
fho
Level 2

Hi, thank you. This install page https://www.dataiku.com/de/produkt/erste-schritte/mac/ would still download Data Science Studio 8.0.0.dmg, which produces the install problem.

0 Kudos
fho
Level 2

deleted

0 Kudos
LelandMont
Level 1

Hi, Corey - I read the discussion above very carefully. I am trying to start DSS 8.04 on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur, and the error message I get is: Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.22.48 PM.pngYour last post says 8.04 fixes this, but apparently not. I also tried inputting the code you provided in the Terminal, but got this error message. I'm not really experienced at terminal, so maybe its just me. Any help you can offer would be great!Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 10.02.35 AM.png

0 Kudos