Join us at the Everyday AI Conference in London, New York & Bengaluru! REGISTER NOW

DSS INTERNAL DATABASE ERROR

LucasM
Level 1
DSS INTERNAL DATABASE ERROR

Bonjour,

Je dispose de la version 7 de dss sur un serveur debian 9.

En l'occurrence, lors d'une tentative de redémarrage de l'application (backend, python...) via la commande DATA_DIR/bin/dss stop et start, il s'avère que j'ai rencontré l'erreur suivante (le backend.log renvoit la même chose) : DSS INTERNAL DATABASE ERROR: Failed to acquire connection to dss DB: jobs, caused by : CodedSQLException : Unable to open the following internal database file:........

La solution qui m'est proposée, est soit de reprendre à partir d'un backup soit de déplacer la bdd.

Or, je ne vois pas de quelle base de données il est question et comment l'y prendre concrètement 😞

Auriez-vous une idée à proposer à propos de cette erreur ?

Cordialement,

LucasM

Operating system used: Linix debian 9

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi  @LucasM 

Usually, there should be a DB name right after this message. Something like this: 

Caused by: com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.CodedSQLException: Unable to open the following internal database file: jdbc:h2:/opt/dataiku/data/timelines/TEST;TRACE_LEVEL_SYSTEM_OUT=0;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=4;LOCK_TIMEOUT=300000. Restore a backup or move the file away then restart DSS.

So in your case, this is looks to be an internal jobs.mv.db located inside <DATA_DIR>/databases/ directory. You will need to stop DSS, move the affected DB and start DSS back. 

If needed, you can share with us the backend.log file so we can review it.

0 Kudos
LucasM
Level 1
Author

Thanks for your reply.

So, if i understand, in your case we need to move /opt/dataiku/data/timelines/TEST in another location ?

Sorry, i haven't handled the file backend.log at this moment 😞

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi @LucasM,

Yes, in my example I was needed to move /opt/dataiku/data/timelines/TEST.mv.db file elsewhere. You should have another one. Based on the snippet you provided, I assume you have something like this: 

DSS INTERNAL DATABASE ERROR: Failed to acquire connection to DSS DB: jobs, caused by: CodedSQLException: Unable to open the following internal database file: jdbc:h2:tcp://<host>:<port>/<id>;TRACE_LEVEL_SYSTEM_OUT=0;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=4;LOCK_TIMEOUT=300000. Restore a backup or move the file away then restart DSS., caused by: JdbcSQLException: General error: "java.lang.IllegalStateException: File corrupted in chunk 173734, expected page length 4..384, got 0 [1.4.195/6]" [50000-195]

So as I mentioned previously, you will need to stop DSS, move elsewhere <DATA_DIR>/databases/jobs.mv.db (on older DSS versions it's jobs.h2.db) and start DSS back. 

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku