Connecting to a MariaDB as a datasorce

tgb417
Connecting to a MariaDB as a datasorce

@ys91 , @casper , @KimmyC,

I'm curious how you have set up MariaDB in Dataiku.  I understand that it is a variant of MySQL, maybe primarily a version 5.x with some extensions. I'm trying to connect to a MariaDB V10.0.... as a data source.  Not as an analytic database per se.  I'm hoping to grab the data and use it locally on a design node.

Are you using the MySQL database connection in the earlier than V8.0 mode?  Or the more generic JDBC drivers and selecting a SQL dialect MySQL <= 8.0?  Possibly using the JDBC diver from this source?

How are you finding the setup and use of this database with Dataiku V8.x.  Has it been fairly straightforward or are you running into lots of challenges?  If so can you provide any clues about avoiding such problems. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

--Tom
6 Replies
importthepandas

bumping this as we're experiencing issues with MariaDB 🙂

0 Kudos
tgb417
Author

What kind of issues are you seeing?

--Tom
0 Kudos
Turribeach

Hi all, any relevant issue that you can share about MariaDB? Got a query that runs in dbvisualizer (a popular SQL client tool) but hangs in Dataiku. Anyone else seeing similar issues?

0 Kudos
tgb417
Author

@Turribeach 

I've only connect to MariaDB once or twice from Dataiku 2-3 years ago.

I notice that MariaDB is not explicitly listed on the Supported List of Database.  However, I believe that MariaDB is similar to MYSQL.  But there may be some important differences as well.  https://mariadb.com/database-topics/mariadb-vs-mysql/ 

If I were you I'd open a support ticket.  See what the support team says.

--Tom
0 Kudos
Turribeach

Thanks Tom. Yeah I have raised it with support to see what they say.

0 Kudos