Connecting to PostgreSQL in Dataiku <Issue: Connection failed:ย Failed to reach database:>

anthonyfergon28
Level 2
Connecting to PostgreSQL in Dataiku <Issue: Connection failed:ย Failed to reach database:>

Hi Dataiku community, hope you all are doing well.

Got an issue regarding PostgreSQL connection in Dataiku.

Issue: "Connection failed: Failed to reach database: Failed to connect to database, caused by: PSQLException: FATAL: authentification par mot de passe รฉchouรฉe pour l'utilisateur ยซ postgres >

Please find below a pair of screenshots regarding this issue.

Additionally you should consider the following facts related to my user_profile: <Login =

admin>, <Profile = DESIGNER>  based on the free version I have installed as a Virtual Machine on Windows.

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @anthonyfergon28,

The error indicates that the password entered in your Postgres connection is no longer valid. I would suggest clicking on "Test" on the connection screen (Administration > Connections), as you will likely receive the same error here. I would suggest checking with your Postgres admin to ensure that your Postgres password has not changed, and make sure that you have a current working password for the user 'postgres'.  

When the "test" connection returns successfully, we would expect you to be able to create datasets from the Postgres connection again. 

Thanks,
Sarina

anthonyfergon28
Level 2
Author

Hi @SarinaS , thanks for your kind response.

Hum...I have revised what you mentioned then I decided to validate my_postgresql User_Profile, so I deciced to create a new Server and set up new_parameters in order to test the remote connection again; subsequently I have entered those credentials on DSS Platform (Administration > Connections), then hit the "Test" button however the connection fails again erupting the below issue.

Please check the screenshots I have atteched to you so you can asses that I have entered the same parameters neccesarily to accomplish this affair.

I am the owner/administer of postegresSQL server, just in case.

Perhaps you can provide me another alternative I should test.

Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @anthonyfergon28,

Hm, I can't think of what else to test since the error seems to indicate an issue with the username/password! 

Just to double check, is the Postgres instance installed on the same virtual machine as your DSS instance? I'm wondering if it's possible you are connecting to a different Postgres instance than you realize. 

Otherwise I would suggest creating a separate username and password (perhaps with a very simple password at least for the initial test) and then try authenticating with that username and password just in case that helps highlight the issue with the postgres user and password. If you want to try, you could use this method to create an alternate superuser. 

Sarina

anthonyfergon28
Level 2
Author

Ok @SarinaS , let me try again and I will be back to you and let you know the outcome....thank you.

Note: I am using Dataiku from within a Virtual Machine and I use PostgreSQL as a SaaS since my local equipment. I mean I work for my own using my personal equipment so I dont need to ask for permissions I am an academic and researcher.

0 Kudos
anthonyfergon28
Level 2
Author

Hello, the issue still persists.

Last attempt failed.

Last action applied : I have reset postgres password-

As you can see on the screenshots below, my credentials are correct:

username=postgres

password=admin

Any idea please?

0 Kudos