Connect Dataiku to a public S3 Bucket

Solved!
khanhvuongtuan
Level 2
Connect Dataiku to a public S3 Bucket

I want to connect to a public AWS S3 bucket. More specifically, I want to connect to this bucket:

airborne-obj-detection-challenge-training

It is being hosted at:

s3://airborne-obj-detection-challenge-training/

And at:

https://github.com/awslabs/open-data-registry/blob/main/datasets/airborne-object-tracking.yaml

However, I cannot access the dataset because dataiku required me to provide the suitable credential. I also tried to connect using STS Role Assume with IAM role. It returned error:

1 validation error detected: Value 'IAM' at 'roleArn' failed to satisfy constraint: Member must have length greater than or equal to 20 (Service: AWSSecurityTokenService; Status Code: 400; Error Code: ValidationError; Request ID: 6727ea99-fedf-4863-bbef-8cef90ce260d)

So I'm seeking for help on this one, is there a way for us to connect to public S3 bucket without any credentials ?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chataigner
Dataiker

Hi

indeed that won't be doable on online version, you should download the files on your desktop and simply upload them to the DSS instance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chataigner
Dataiker

Hi,

are you able to use a S3 connection in DSS when you select "Environment" for credentials?

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 16.59.29.png

0 Kudos
khanhvuongtuan
Level 2
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Where can I find this place ? I haven't tried this one.

P/s: I'm using Dataiku Online Version, pls help

0 Kudos
Chataigner
Dataiker

Hi

indeed that won't be doable on online version, you should download the files on your desktop and simply upload them to the DSS instance.

0 Kudos
khanhvuongtuan
Level 2
Author

Got it, thank u

0 Kudos