Change recipe default engine

Solved!
AngelsF
Level 2
Change recipe default engine

Hi all, 

I'm wondering if there's a way to change the recipe default engine from DSS to Spark as I'm using S3 datasets. I know it can be done for a specific recipe by clicking the icon below the Run button, but I want to change it for the whole project.

Thanks in advance!  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RoyE
Dataiker

Hello! 

This can be done within the Project Settings -> "Engines & Connections'. See screenshot provided.

By setting your default engine to SPARK, all your existing and newly created recipes that allow a Spark engine, will be defaulted to Spark. There also exists options to set preferred engine by recipes in the following settings.

Hope this helps!

Roy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RoyE
Dataiker

Hello! 

This can be done within the Project Settings -> "Engines & Connections'. See screenshot provided.

By setting your default engine to SPARK, all your existing and newly created recipes that allow a Spark engine, will be defaulted to Spark. There also exists options to set preferred engine by recipes in the following settings.

Hope this helps!

Roy

AngelsF
Level 2
Author

Yeah, great! It works. Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
PK36313
Level 2

Hi @RoyE 

Could you please tell me where can I find Project Settings -> "Engines & Connections'. 
Do I required admin access for changing Engines & Connections

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
edvin-pd
Level 1

The accepted solution didn't work for me when I wanted to change the engine for existing recipes. Here's what I did: clicked on "recipes" in the top-left corner of the Flow screen and then selected Change Engine in the right sidebar.

0 Kudos