Cannot launch DSS on Monterey 12.4

JordynWal
Level 1
Cannot launch DSS on Monterey 12.4

Hello,

Since upgrading my computer to 12.4, DSS will not launch and I get the message Start Up Failed. There appears to be errors in two places. Here is the first part of the issue log:

===============================================

Starting Data Science Studio.app

dssHome:/Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home dssBin:/Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss

Starting Java check

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/_find-java.sh

[Install] [+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_311"

[Install] /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

[Install] EOF reached

[Java check] EOF reached

[Java check] Exception reading from handle *** -[NSConcreteFileHandle availableData]: No such file or directory

Java check terminated with status 0

dss-version exists, doing stop-upgrade-start

Running DSS task for 'stop'

[DSS] dyld[92599]: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../.Python

Referenced from: /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/python

Reason: tried: '/Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/../.Python' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/.Python' (no such file), '/usr/lib/.Python' (no such file)

[DSS] dss: DSS supervisor is not running

I have found my issue similar to

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Setup-Configuration/Cannot-install-or-launch-on-Monterey-12-3-beta/...

I opened terminal and entered the command:

mv /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv.backup

But the fix here does not work for me and when I restart DSS, the error message becomes replaced with:

Starting Data Science Studio.app

dssHome:/Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home dssBin:/Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss

Starting Java check

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/_find-java.sh

[Install] /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

[Install] [+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_311"

[Java check] EOF reached

[Java check] EOF reached

Java check terminated with status 0

dss-version exists, doing stop-upgrade-start

Running DSS task for 'stop'

[DSS] /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/python: line 2: /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/python: No such file or directory

[DSS] dss: DSS supervisor is not running

I have tried to restart my computer and installing python 2.7 but nothing has worked.

The second part of the log shows these errors:

[Install] + Detected OS distribution : osx 12.4

[Install] *** OS distribution not supported *** osx 12.4

[Install] 

[-] Dependency check failed

[-] You can install required dependencies with:

[-]    sudo -i "/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/install/install-deps.sh" -without-java

[-] You can also disable this check with the -n installer flag

[Install] EOF reached

[install] EOF reached

[install] Exception reading from handle *** -[NSConcreteFileHandle availableData]: Bad file descriptor

DSS installer terminated with status 1

DSS installer failed , fatal error

I have seen the solution here: https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Setup-Configuration/DSS-Startup-failed-on-MacOS-11-Big-Sur/m-p/1186... but this appears to be dependent on fixing the second error so I can't currently see if it will work.

In terminal, I tried the current command:

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/installer.sh -d /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home -u -y -n

And got the response: 

*           Dataiku DSS installer           *

[+] /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home already exists and is a DSS installation

[+] Saving installation log to /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/run/install.log

[+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_311"

[+] Migrating Python environment

dyld[14098]: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../.Python

Referenced from: /Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/python

Reason: tried: '/Users/jorwalton/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/pyenv/bin/../.Python' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/.Python' (no such file), '/usr/lib/.Python' (no such file)

I will attach both logs in full. Thank you in advance for your help!

Operating system used: Mac OS X 12.4

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @JordynWal 

Please try to get the latest DSS.dmg and install it. It should contain the support of 12.x OS version. 

0 Kudos
JordynWal
Level 1
Author

Hi sergeyd,

If I uninstall my current DataIku and reinstall, will I still be able to access the projects I have already worked on?

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Installing Dataiku on top of the existing one will still maintain your projects.

Just incase you need the latest dmg, it can be located here: https://www.dataiku.com/product/get-started/mac/

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
0 Kudos