Can I use a group value from a SAML assertion?

ToddF
Level 1
Can I use a group value from a SAML assertion?

I would like to be able to use a group string that is returned from my SAML assertion.  Is this possible within Dataiku or must I use LDAP to dynamically define group membership for a user in a SSO authentication use case?

If possible, can you please help me understand how to get the group variable mapped in Dataiku?

Thank you,

Todd

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @ToddF ! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if youโ€™ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
AndrewM
Dataiker

Hi Todd,

At this time it is not possible to get the groups for users from SAML assertions. You'll need to use LDAP if you plan on assigning users to groups dynamically. 

Thank you,

Andrew M

0 Kudos