API node as a containerized microservice

Solved!
gnaldi62
API node as a containerized microservice

Hi all, 

a common pattern in MLOps is to deploy a model (e.g. a prediction) as a microservice, which means a docker application is built with the model which can be used by invoking it via an API endpoint with Flask; such docker application is then deployed on a k8s cluster. 

We would like to "reproduce" the same pattern but by leveraging the API node framework; i.e. we were thinking about embedding the API node in a Docker image and then deploying it on k8s. 

Are there any guidelines/suggestions on how to do this ? is that, first at all, possible ? in that case, does the deployment of a new API version differ a lot from what happens usually with API deployer ?

Thanks in advance. Rgds.

Giuseppe

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @gnaldi62 ,

DSS API deployer should achieve what you are looking for, 

You would create the Prediction Endpoint in API Designer, Publish this to deployer where you would have already setup a K8s infrastructure and then deploy the API service to that infrastructure on K8s. 

For information is available here, https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/apinode/kubernetes/index.html 

Any new version of the API would go through the same process publish to deployer -> deploy to K8s 

Let me know if this is the functionality you are looking for and if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @gnaldi62 ,

DSS API deployer should achieve what you are looking for, 

You would create the Prediction Endpoint in API Designer, Publish this to deployer where you would have already setup a K8s infrastructure and then deploy the API service to that infrastructure on K8s. 

For information is available here, https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/apinode/kubernetes/index.html 

Any new version of the API would go through the same process publish to deployer -> deploy to K8s 

Let me know if this is the functionality you are looking for and if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
gnaldi62
Author

Thanks. I should read documentation more carefully....

Giuseppe

0 Kudos