We would like to see a little more VCS style change control when promoting into automation environment.
For example, when a project developer is ready to promote their project to an automation environment:
- the developer would open a Review request (similar to a Merge or Pull Request in modern VCS environments).
- Then after the change has been reviewed by another developer and "Approved".
- it would be really nice to limit deployment to certain infrastructure to only approved requests.
- i.e. If we have a staging automation environment that requires no approval to deploy, but then have a production automation node that would only allow a user to deploy once the change has been approved by a different developer.
- Then the user can merge/promote their changes to the production node.
The current "Release Notes" section when creating a bundle isn't visible to anyone after it's created. So it would be also nice to be able to look back at the Release Notes for each "Change"/Bundle.