set jdbc path

Solved!
abdoulaye
Level 3
set jdbc path

Hello, I used Instance templates Setup actions. To install jdbc. I've installed first version which was not accepted by dss design as recent built. I chnaged the version then reprovisonned instances. When I try connect, it found the first jdbc not the second.

How to found the first by path?

DSS_DATA_DIR
โ”œโ”€โ”€ bin
โ”œโ”€โ”€ config
โ”œโ”€โ”€ dss-version.json
โ”œโ”€โ”€ install.ini
โ”œโ”€โ”€ jobs
โ”œโ”€โ”€ lib
โ”‚   โ”œโ”€โ”€ jdbc
โ”‚   โ”‚   โ””โ”€โ”€ ojdbcXX.jar
โ”‚   โ”‚   โ””โ”€โ”€ ojdbcYY.jar
โ”‚   โ”œโ”€โ”€ projects
โ”‚   โ”œโ”€โ”€ python
โ”‚   โ”œโ”€โ”€ R
โ”‚   โ””โ”€โ”€ user-data
โ””โ”€โ”€ run

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @abdoulaye,

Yes, you would need to modify this by SSH-ing into the DSS server. If you don't have access, you can add an SSH keypair task to your Fleet Manager template, which will allow you to SSH into the instance. On a Fleet Manager DSS instance the JDBC driver path will always be:

cd /data/dataiku/dss_data/lib/jdbc
rm <unwanted_jdbc_driver>

Thanks,
Sarina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @abdoulaye,

If I understand correctly, you tried the Fleet Manager JDBC driver task twice, because the first driver you attempted didn't correctly read in your data. Now it seems that you have two JDBC drivers for the same SQL service in your DSS instance, is that correct? To resolve this, you should simply remove the JDBC driver that you no longer want to use (and is no longer in the Fleet Manager JDBC driver task) from your DSS data directory manually. For example, assuming the ojdbcYY.jar file is correct, then remove the alternate ojdbcXX.jar file:

cd DSS_DATA_DIR
rm lib/jdbc/ojdbcXX.jar

Unfortunately reprovisioning doesn't clear JDBC drivers that were created historically by JDBC tasks, so they should be removed manually from the data directory. Having multiple drivers fro the same database in place can cause issues, so this would be the recommended approach. 

Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos
abdoulaye
Level 3
Author

Hi,

Is this DSS_DATA_DIR accessible only via ssh login to instances?

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @abdoulaye,

Yes, you would need to modify this by SSH-ing into the DSS server. If you don't have access, you can add an SSH keypair task to your Fleet Manager template, which will allow you to SSH into the instance. On a Fleet Manager DSS instance the JDBC driver path will always be:

cd /data/dataiku/dss_data/lib/jdbc
rm <unwanted_jdbc_driver>

Thanks,
Sarina