plugin parameter type COLUMNS seems to miss some columns

Options
Peter_R_Knight
Peter_R_Knight Registered Posts: 31 ✭✭✭✭

I had a plugin that allowed the user to select 1 column and the type was set to COLUMN and this seemed to work fine.

However, I wanted to upgrade to be able to select multiple columns, so I changed the type to COLUMNS and I found the some columns would always be missing form the list? is this a know issue? any workaround for fix coming soon?

related to this, it would be good if alowed_column_types also applied to COLUMNS and if it could filter the list of columns by the type, rather than just giving a warning.

Best Answer

• Zach
    Zach Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 153 Dataiker
    edited July 17 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Peter_R_Knight

However, I wanted to upgrade to be able to select multiple columns, so I changed the type to COLUMNS and I found the some columns would always be missing form the list? is this a know issue? any workaround for fix coming soon?

I was able to reproduce this issue by converting an existing parameter from COLUMN to COLUMNS. It only seems to affect existing recipes; if I create a new recipe, all columns are selectable. Does creating a new recipe resolve it for you?

related to this, it would be good if alowed_column_types also applied to COLUMNS and if it could filter the list of columns by the type, rather than just giving a warning.

The allowedColumnTypes does apply to COLUMNS in my testing. My parameter looks like this:

{
        "name": "columns",
        "label": "Columns", 
        "type": "COLUMNS",
        "columnRole": "input_role",
        "allowedColumnTypes": ["string"]
    }

Regarding your suggestion to filter the columns by type instead of giving a warning, I recommend suggesting the idea in Product Ideas if you'd like this to be implemented. As an alternative, you could use a SELECT parameter, and dynamically generate a list of filtered columns using Python. For more information, see Dynamic select using Python.

Thanks,

Zach

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…