Unable to create a new directory inside the managed folder of Dataiku.

shashankmittal
Level 2
Unable to create a new directory inside the managed folder of Dataiku.

Hi Team

we are having a managed folder in Dataiku which we have created with the help of BOX plugin. Below is the configuration of the managed folder.

BOX_1.png

Now, we want to create a new directory inside this folder with the help of R recipe of Dataiku.

As of now we are able to read and write any dataset from this folder with the help of below function of Dataiku in R recipe.
dkuManagedFolderDownloadPath()

dkuManagedFolderUploadPath()

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Turribeach

Have you tried via Python? Also you can do it via the GUI as well. 

0 Kudos
shashankmittal
Level 2
Author

yes I tried with python as well but nothing works for me also, I can't use GUI to create new directories because the directories will be dynamically created as per our business use case. 

0 Kudos

Please post your Python code and any errors that you get. 

0 Kudos
shashankmittal
Level 2
Author

I am getting the permission denied error while using the below python snippet and also previously I also got the same issue while reading any file from this same folder but then I used "get_download_stream()" function which helps me to read any file from this folder.
Screenshot 2024-01-02 124430_dataiku_mkdir.png

0 Kudos

When you are using Dataiku managed folders you are NOT allowed to use Python's folder methods to read and write, you need to use the Dataiku API. If you want to create a subfolder in the managed folder just append the folder path to the file name you are creating and Dataiku will create the folder for you. Here is some sample code:

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Creating-a-folder-within-a-folder/td-p/15485