Sentiment Analysis plugin - Error No module named 'fasttext'

Solved!
spiderzaur
Level 2
Sentiment Analysis plugin - Error No module named 'fasttext'

Another issue.

When I was installing the plugin, it wanted me to upgrade the pip, which I did then and selected that environment and associated the plugin with it. 

Run: C:\Users\AliyevZa\AppData\Local\Dataiku\DataScienceStudio\dss_home\code-envs\python\plugin_sentiment-analysis_managed\Scripts\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip

Now, when I am trying to Run it, it gives me this error.

Error in Python process: At line 8: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>: No module named 'fasttext'

See attached full log for details pls.

Appreciate any help.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 13-04-43.png

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @spiderzaur,

It looks like the code environment build failed due to the following error:

error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/

It looks like to install the code environment packages on windows you need to follow the instructions to install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater, and then you'll need to rebuild the code environment from the code environment page by clicking on "Update". Please note that the windows version of DSS is indeed experimental, so you may wish to try installing DSS on Linux for continued use. 

Thanks,
Sarina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @spiderzaur,

It looks like there was an issue building the code environment for the plugin. Can you please attach a code environment diagnostic of the code environment plugin_sentiment-analysis_managed  from Administration > Code Envs > plugin_sentiment-analysis_managed? 

code-envpic.png

โ€ƒ
Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos
spiderzaur
Level 2
Author

Hi @SarinaS,

Here you go.

Thank you very much for all the help! Appreciated.

Zaur

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @spiderzaur,

It looks like the code environment build failed due to the following error:

error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/

It looks like to install the code environment packages on windows you need to follow the instructions to install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater, and then you'll need to rebuild the code environment from the code environment page by clicking on "Update". Please note that the windows version of DSS is indeed experimental, so you may wish to try installing DSS on Linux for continued use. 

Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos
spiderzaur
Level 2
Author

@SarinaS You are THE BEST! This did the trick!

0 Kudos