Jupyter support installation failed

Options
Aniket_Chauhan
Aniket_Chauhan Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

I installed one plugin and after that I am trying to build code Environment but getting error in Jupyter kernel. It is showing Jupyter kernel : not installed, and when I am trying to Re(Install) Jupyter. It is getting error which I have attached below. And In (installJupyterSupport.log) it is showing that (No module named ipykernel).

Please let me know what might be causing the issue?

Any Suggestions??

Operating system used: Windows

Tagged:

Best Answer

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Aniket_Chauhan

Can you share a bit more about your operating environment? Your post listed Windows as your operating system. Dataiku DSS does not run directly on MS Windows. It runs in Linux or Mac OS on Intel hardware. So I expect that you have one of these OSes hosting your Data Science Studio (DSS) in some way. Either in the cloud our in your local environment.

Plug-ins tend to install python into their own code environments. It’s my opinion that those code environments should be left alone for sole use of the plugin. Having a separate code environment for your work with Jupiter notebooks has seemed like a good idea to me.

Finally, you did not mention how you re-installed Jupyter Notebooks. There are several ways to install python, via PIP or Anaconda this can make a difference. Also you might have attempted these reinstalls from within DSS, or out in the operating system where DSS is running.

So there are a bunch of variability about what might be going on in your case.

In your case I’d suggest a support ticket with the Dataiku team. The support team has ways to help you to share diagnostic logs about the whole environment and then make targeted recommendations about fixes from within DSS and out at the operating system level. They have been very helpful.

Hope that helps a bit.

Answers

• Aniket_Chauhan
    Aniket_Chauhan Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, Dataiku DSS doesn't support windows directly so that I am using a linux as server and using it via chrome. I have attempted these reinstalls via DSS.

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

@Aniket_Chauhan

I’d recommend a support ticket.

• dgraham
    dgraham Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 16 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @Aniket_Chauhan

To re-install Jupyter support in the code environment, the ipykernel package must already be installed in the code-env. However, in this particular case, since the code environment is a plugin managed code-env, you would not be able to make modifications to its list of requested packages. To enable Jupyter support, you should instead create a new Python code-env, which installs ipykernel and enables support for Jupyter notebooks by default.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…