Establish a dynamic connection between a dataset in Dataiku and Excel

Solved!
ptavares
Level 1
Establish a dynamic connection between a dataset in Dataiku and Excel

I would like to be able to create a dynamic connection between a dataset in Dataiku and Excel, so that any changes in Dataiku would be automatically refreshed in an Excel file.

There is a plugin available that connects Dataiku and Power BI dynamically. Please see the link below:

Plugin: Microsoft Power BI | Dataiku

My question is if there is a similar way of connecting dynamically Dataiku and Excel.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Turribeach

Not as a plugin but you don't need much to do this. Add a Python recipe to your last flow output dataset and write the output as a Excel file in a Dataiku Managed Folder. For an even more seamless integration you could mount your network share in Dataiku, create a new File System Connection and place the Dataiku folder there so that users could see the Excel file in their network share without you have to send it to them.

View solution in original post

me2
Level 3

There are two additional options available if you use Microsoft 365 and2 excel file options as well.

1) Dataiku is able to connect to Sharepoint and Dataiku can export to a Sharepoint folder.

2) Dataiku is able to connect to OneDrive and Dataiku can export to a OneDrive folder. 

There are differences on the Excel side on how one is able to interface/link to that file and worth exploring before deciding.

Dataiku is able to write as an Excel file as @Turribeach mentioned.  Also if there is multi-sheet option but that saves the file in a compressed folder.

Happy Dataiku'n!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Turribeach

Not as a plugin but you don't need much to do this. Add a Python recipe to your last flow output dataset and write the output as a Excel file in a Dataiku Managed Folder. For an even more seamless integration you could mount your network share in Dataiku, create a new File System Connection and place the Dataiku folder there so that users could see the Excel file in their network share without you have to send it to them.

me2
Level 3

There are two additional options available if you use Microsoft 365 and2 excel file options as well.

1) Dataiku is able to connect to Sharepoint and Dataiku can export to a Sharepoint folder.

2) Dataiku is able to connect to OneDrive and Dataiku can export to a OneDrive folder. 

There are differences on the Excel side on how one is able to interface/link to that file and worth exploring before deciding.

Dataiku is able to write as an Excel file as @Turribeach mentioned.  Also if there is multi-sheet option but that saves the file in a compressed folder.

Happy Dataiku'n!