Error in "from dataiku.snowpark import DkuSnowpark"

little_sun
Level 1
Error in "from dataiku.snowpark import DkuSnowpark"

I'm trying to use Snowpark within Python recipe. 

from dataiku.snowpark import DkuSnowpark

This works in DSS, but when I tried to run this code in local VS Code, it returns error "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'dataiku.snowpark'". 

I want to edit and run .py script in local VS Code through Dataiku extension. 

P.S. I already installed the API packages. 

import dataiku, dataikuapi

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Turribeach

You need to install the Dataiku internal API package for that to work. Have a look at this page:

https://developer.dataiku.com/latest/tutorials/devtools/python-client/index.html#building-your-local...

0 Kudos
little_sun
Level 1
Author

I have already installed the two pakcages. 

import dataiku, dataikuapi

I'm able to import dataiku, but not dataiku.snowpark

0 Kudos

This is an interesting one. It looks like the internal client package doesn't include the snowpark wrapper. From what I can see DSS is loading these from the installation directory. For instance in my system the files are in the following location:

/Users/my_user/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-12.5.0-osx/python/dataiku/snowpark

So I fixed this by copying this snowpark directory to the directory where I got the internal client installed:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dataiku/

Then I got the Snowflake snowpark package installed (pip3 install snowflake-snowpark-python) and I was able to import dataiku.snowpark in my local Jupyter env:

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 22.29.45.png

0 Kudos
little_sun
Level 1
Author

Thank you, I'll take a  try, it looks promissing! 

Does it imply the package downloaded from this code below does not include Snowpark component? 

pip install --trusted-host 10.xxx.xxx.xxx https://10.xxx.xxx.xxx/public/packages/dataiku-internal-client.tar.gz

0 Kudos

Exactly. 

0 Kudos