Trend my data

maciamus
Level 1
Trend my data

Dear community,

I have a chart with date values on the X axis and number of events on the Y axis. I would like DataIku to superpose a linear trend line, what in Excel would be done through the TREND function. 

ยจThe Excel TREND function is used to calculate a linear trend line through a given set of dependent y-values and, optionally, a set of independent x-values and return values along the trend line.ยจ

I saw there's a trend option under Statistics, but the resulting report cannot be overlapped to my plot (plus it gives excessive information for my purpose). Is there any other way to create this line?

Please find attached a plot with a trend line I did on excel. 

Thank you!

Operating system used: Microsoft Windows

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Turribeach

Another name for a trend line is a linear regression. So while you don't have any built-in quick ways to show a trend line you can easily calculate one and then use it that in your chart:

https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/ml-analytics/ml-concepts/concept-regression.html

0 Kudos
maciamus
Level 1
Author

Thank you for your answer. 

Ok, so I would need to create a Linear regression. How is this created on dataIku? Could you please indicate where I can find this option?

I went into the Lab and I see many regression models but not a Linear regression one...

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos