Reverse Geocoding plugin installation

Solved!
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Reverse Geocoding plugin installation

Hi community,

I'm trying to install the Reverse Geocoding plugin but it takes forever. Is it very long to install or am I having a problem ?

Thank you for your help !

Operating system used: Mac

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tgb417

@JeanBaptiste 

That seems like a long time.  If I were looking into slowness, Iโ€™d take a look at the first obvious three items.

Network connectivity, CPU utilization, memory and swap. See if any of these are overloaded, or slow.

It is likely that you are getting the plug-in from https://cdn.downloads.dataiku.com/.  You can actually download a .zip file from that sight and use it directly to install the plug-in. (That might install faster. But I would not expect so, the plug-in file is rather small at a few kilobytes.)  There are other sites that are necessary to install the plug-in code environment.  Maybe one of those.  

On macOS activity monitor will show if you have some process that is running excessively or you are running out of memory.  

--Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tgb417

@JeanBaptiste 

Welcome to the Dataiku Community!  We are so glad to have you join us.  

Iโ€™m not sitting in front of dataiku at the moment. However I have installed this and other plugin on several Dataiku DSS instance running on Linux and macOS in the past. For me in the United States it took no more than 45 seconds to a minute to install most plugins. 

For others to take a look at this question. It may be helpful to share any error message you are seeing. Or a screen capture of what you are looking.   

--Tom
0 Kudos
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Author

Hi @tgb417 ,

Thank you your reply !

After aborting and relaunching the operation I let it for a longer time and after 15 minutes it finally installed. I have absolutely no idea why it took so long.

tgb417

@JeanBaptiste 

That seems like a long time.  If I were looking into slowness, Iโ€™d take a look at the first obvious three items.

Network connectivity, CPU utilization, memory and swap. See if any of these are overloaded, or slow.

It is likely that you are getting the plug-in from https://cdn.downloads.dataiku.com/.  You can actually download a .zip file from that sight and use it directly to install the plug-in. (That might install faster. But I would not expect so, the plug-in file is rather small at a few kilobytes.)  There are other sites that are necessary to install the plug-in code environment.  Maybe one of those.  

On macOS activity monitor will show if you have some process that is running excessively or you are running out of memory.  

--Tom
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Author

Thank you for the complete answer @tgb417 ! I'll check if I encounter the same problem in the future.

Miasm1
Level 2

Hey there,

Typically, the Reverse Geocoding plugin shouldn't take that long to install. It sounds like you might be encountering an issue. I'd suggest checking your internet connection and perhaps trying a reinstall. If the problem persists, consider looking for any error logs or messages.

Hope that helps!

Regads
Mia SmithDevOps Course
0 Kudos
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Author

Thank you for your reply ! I'll check when I install another plugin.