Reporter: send to dataset

OlivierZ
Level 1
Reporter: send to dataset

Hello

I'm trying to understand how the "send to dataset" option works when setting-up a reporter. I've read the documentation on how to generate emails or Teams messages and that's great, but I'd like to have a more structured record of when a flow was run and having this information kept in a dataset would seem very sensible. The issue is that I can't find where the usage is documented and while the various input fields seem mostly self explanatory, I just don't seem to be able to succeed in adding records to the dataset that I'm targeting. Is there anywhere a tutorial that I would have missed, or some basic set-up example?

Best

Olivier

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

If  "...have a more structured record of when a flow was run and having this information kept in a dataset..." is your objective, I recommend you have a look at the internal datasets:  in the flow, +Dataset > Internal > Internal stats. 

I hope this helps.

Best regards

0 Kudos
OlivierZ
Level 1
Author

Hi - thanks a lot for this. The internal dataset partially meets my needs (but it's generally good to know about them). My wonderful teammate has figured out how to use the "send to dataset". It's a simple as providing a Json with the right values and column names. This allows setting certain columns to project variables values, which is what I was after.

0 Kudos