Project Security Questions

Music1392
Level 2
Project Security Questions

When setting permissions in Project Security, is there a way to prevent accidental modification/deletion? Is there any alerts that can be set up for such incidents? Thank you!!

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Music1392,

It's likely impossible to prevent users from making any type of mistake of any kind in any application since there's no way to determine if an action was intended or accidental. However, DSS projects do come with version control, which allows users to revert any unexpected changes to projects. So that should allow users to handle most mistakes! Please do note that if a project is deleted, that cannot be undone through version control, so users will want to be extra careful on that front (though project configurations can always be retrieved from DSS backups). 

I hope that information is helpful, please let us know if you have any questions about the project version control features! 

Thank you,
Sarina

0 Kudos
Music1392
Level 2
Author

Even if it is impossible to prevent deletion, is there a way to notify the owner/creator of project that a deletion had occurred? For example, if I'm out of the country, my backup delete a steps in the prepared recipe. How will I know that a deletion had happened if I'm not notified and how will I know which version to switch to?

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Hi, in the Project home or in the Flow you can see the Timeline pane at the right side of the screen which will show all the changes done to the project, including your changes too. In addition to this you can watch (Star) specific objects (recipes, datasets, notebooks, etc). If you star object then this user profile setting come into play where you can get alerts for modified objects you are watching:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 11.30.30.png