Parquet format table redetected as CSV

MarcioCoelho
Level 2
Parquet format table redetected as CSV

Hey,

I've been running into an issue where after creating a dataset which is stored in parquet, while using a pyspark recipe, the dataset is redected as csv, without a very different schema.

Here's the dataset before pressing redetect format:

Original datasetOriginal dataset

And after pressing redetect format, It goes from 18 to 75 columns:

After using redetect format.After using redetect format.

And the new columns make no sense:

New columns that shouldn't exist.New columns that shouldn't exist.

And to confirm the generated parquet files:

Parquet files.Parquet files.

I've deleted and recreated the dataset multiple times, but I always get the same result.

I've also checked the pyspark recipe, but it generates the 18 supposed columns, not 75.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm at a loss on what could be causing this issue.

Best regards,

Márcio Coelho

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @MarcioCoelho,

Thanks for writing in! Referencing your first snapshot, it appears that the dataset is originally detected as parquet. What happens if you don’t select “redetect format” and instead select “Check now”? 

JordanB_0-1660932513661.png

Alternatively, are you able to change the dataset to Parquet format using the “Type” drop-down menu and select update preview?

JordanB_1-1660932513608.png

If the steps above do not work. Would you be able to share an example of the code you’re using to create the dataset?

Thanks again,

Jordan

0 Kudos
MarcioCoelho
Level 2
Author

Hey @JordanB  thanks for your reply.
We got it working properly by using spark.dku.allow.native.parquet.reader.infer set to true, from https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/formats/parquet.html.

We suspected that some of data had a weird format and as such was being wrongfully inferred.