Introduce Yourself!

KerriW
Dataiker Alumni
Introduce Yourself!

As we're working to connect our user base and build a vibrant community space for everyone, we thought it would be helpful to have a space for members to introduce themselves and get to know others in the Community. 

A few thoughts starters: 

• Username/Name
  • Role 
  • Responsibilities
  • Experience in Data Science 

We look forward to connecting with everyone and learning more about our amazing group of Dataiku DSS users! 

Kerri Williams
Senior Manager, Community

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

39 Replies
Tim
Level 2

Hi there Nest community,

My name is Tim Dries from Belgium.

I work as Analytics and Tableau Consultant  in the BE/UK/NE/DE region.

My background is Sociology, Quantitative Analysis and all things data.

I am Using Dataiku for a year or 2 now, love the tool.

Looking forward to see where this community will go!

Feel free to connect:
https://bit.ly/35sVa3V

Cheers,
Tim 

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim! Welcome and thanks for being the first poster in our new community!

Feel free to provide feedback on anything you find here

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
kmuehmel
Dataiker
Welcome to the Community, Tim! Thanks for being a Dataiku user, and for bringing your experience to all of us here!
Kurt
Chief Customer Officer @ Dataiku
ash
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I'm Ash Tapia. Based out of London, I work as the Data & Tools Manager at Unilever. I look after all the vendor relations and am jointly responsible for analytics innovation with others in the company.

Unfortunately for all you smart people, I am a potato data science newbie.

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ash! Happy to see a fellow Londoner here - welcome to the Community.

Not unfortunate at all - having less experienced people here to let us know if we are being unhelpfully technical is fantastic!  

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

0 Kudos
kmuehmel
Dataiker
Welcome to the Community, Ash! You and your colleagues at Unilever are doing impressive things, and your contributions will be beneficial to all!
Kurt
Chief Customer Officer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos
kldehoff
Level 2

My name is Kevin DeHoff. 

I live and work in the Orlando, FL area (and I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to share the company name, so I won't). 

I have a Ph.D. in Statistics and hold a role as a Data Scientist. 

My duties include building predictive models and improving automation methods.

I have been using Dataiku extensively between evaluation, community, and full versions for approximately 3 years.

KerriW
Dataiker Alumni
Author

Hi Kevin - Great to meet you and thanks for joining the Dataiku Community! Feel free to reach out to our Community Management team at any time - @MichaelG @LisaB or myself if you have questions. 

And of course, would love to hear your thoughts on the experience in this thread

Cheers! 

Kerri Williams

tgb417

Hi,  My name is Tom Brown, I work with cultural Non-Profit organizations like museums and theaters.  I help these organizations better understand their patrons through data analytics and data science.  In my professional life, I'm working with Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, NJ, and others.  Currently, I'm working on Web and analytic projects.  In the data science area I working on forecasting Museum Attendance through predictive modeling.  I also facilitate a group called "analytic Coffee" we are a group of data analysts and data scientists working within the cultural non-profits.

In my free time, I'm a digital image-maker.  I'm currently using Style Transfer and morphing techniques based on Neural Networks. 

Below is a recent image I created for my holiday greeting it is a style transfer between a candle and the work of Georgia O'Keeffe.

Stylized Image of a lit geen Candle withStylized Image of a lit geen Candle with 

--Tom
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom, welcome to the community! Great to have you with us.

You have made me curious now - what's the most important factor in museum attendance? 

Also great flower! I'm feeling highly inadequate in my card giving now.

0 Kudos
tgb417

We have discovered a number of features that are significant to museums, they include:

• Weather
    • Precipitation
    • Humidity
    • Temperature
      • Cold
      • Hot
  • Holiday and School Calendars
  • Time of year to some extent

We have discovered some others but those are important features when it comes to predicting "walk-up" attendance.  We tested on the order of 300 features.  Some common sense, some synthetic.

We are working on operationalizing this model over three time periods.

10 day

30 day

18 month

It is interesting to me that you see a flower in the results.  I see a candle.  However, I know that I made the image from a candle and several hundred images by O'Keeffe

Here is another.

Style Seagull O'Keeffe 12_11 +100-1024px-144-5.jpeg

This is based on a seagull.  That is showing it's dinosaur background. Through the style transfer from O'Keeffe again.

Have a great day.

--Tom
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

Ha as soon as you say that I see the candle much more clearly.

Oh yeah I can really see the Pterodactyl coming through!

0 Kudos
AaronCrouch
Level 3

My name is Aaron Crouch, I am Data Analytics Manager for Atlantic Plant Maintenance, a wholly owned affiliate of GE Power. We are located in Pasadena, Texas (South East of Houston).

We purchased DataIku to flag jobs where we believe a safety or quality defect will occur. We currently have 85% accuracy in picking which jobs will have an incident before the job starts. 

As of last week, we developed an intervention plan for job sites deemed high risk, and are working on how to measure effectiveness of our plan.

KerriW
Dataiker Alumni
Author

Thanks for sharing your intro @AaronCrouch ! Welcome to the new Dataiku Community. Great to hear about your application of Dataiku DSS and look forward to hearing more. 

Let us know if you have any community questions or feedback you'd like to share - we're eager to hear from our members ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,

-Kerri

Kerri Williams

0 Kudos
Timinator
Level 1

Hi all!

My name is Tim Dickinson. I'm based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in eastern Canada. I'm actually looking for a new role and organization right now, but am really interested in what Dataiku is doing so thought I'd join the community. I have not had a lot of data analytics work experience so far: mostly some old-school BI tools plus some self-taught R (from Coursera) for fun.

Full disclosure: I worked with @KerriW a little bit in our previous lives. ๐Ÿ˜Š

KerriW
Dataiker Alumni
Author

Hey @Timinator  - thanks for joining and great to hear from you again! As a seasoned CSM and Community professional, would love any feedback you might have on the new Community experience, feel free to add any thoughts to the Community Feedback thread here ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome again and hope you enjoy!

Kerri Williams

0 Kudos
always-santosh
Level 1

Hi All,

Myself Santosh B. I am from Pune, India. I work for _VOIS (Vodafone shared services) as Senior IT Operations Manager. We are working with Egypt team for implementing ML model for failure prediction using Dataiku on GCP. 

Santosh B

LisaB
Dataiker

Hi @always-santosh,  welcome to the Community!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about DSS in the Discussions, start discussing any data topics of interest in General Discussion, and give your feedback on the Feedback board.

Have a great day!

Lisa, Community Programs Manager at Dataiku

Don't forget to mark as "Accepted Solution" when someone provides the correct answer to your question ๐Ÿ˜‰
GP
Level 1
  • GP
  • Zurich
  • Zurich Insurance Company
  • Head of Data Science & Advanced Analytics
  • Advancing Data Science within Zurich
  • Originally a geophysicist, 25+ years in commercial advanced analytics solution development   

Looking forward to sharing info / experiences with the wider Dataiku community. 

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager
Welcome to the Community GP!
Really glad to have you with us - and looking forward to hearing your experiences!

0 Kudos