How to Use placeholder while reading data from Hive table?

sagar_dubey
Level 1
How to Use placeholder while reading data from Hive table?

Hi,

In my use case, I want to read a table from the Hive through the query option and apply different filters on top of it and create a different dataset.

A typpical example would be like -

1. Select * from <table_name> where country = ?  (1st dataset)

2. Select * from <table_name> where country = ?  (2nd dataset)

Is there any way I can use a config file here and put the value of config file in this "?" placeholder

Any help would be appreciated!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @sagar_dubey! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if youโ€™ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @sagar_dubey,

Have you investigated the use of partitions? or maybe create the datasets using a "split" visual recipe?

If you have, and they doesn't apply to your use case, could you provide more information as suggested by @CoreyS ?

Cheers!

0 Kudos