Discover this year's submissions to the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards and give kudos to your favorite use cases and success stories!READ MORE

Help needed regarding python packages installation using it

Solved!
sreejithkm
Level 1
Level 1
Help needed regarding python packages installation using it

Hi,

I am in the Developer Course, being a not-so often coder (non coder) i am stuck with python libraries/package installation and usage. One of the course example is on reading pdf using python recipe, using tabula library, but i m not able to do it successfully as the output showed errors relating to no module tabula found. I installed it via pip from the /bin folder, but is not able see that in the code environment packages in the list of libraries listed from the Admin>codeenv. Please help on how to install the needed python libraries in general, and also in setting code env using conda and another python version say 3.7 though i could create codeenv in Administration>codeenv and set it via the project settings

Thanks & Best Regards

Sreejith

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

Adding the requirements to a separate code environment is usually preferred over installing packages to your directly via pip or in your base code env. 

See: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python/packages.html

In this case, you would want to 

1) Add the requirement  "tabula" to a code environment under packages to install and Save and Update. 

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 07.58.46.png

2) Change your recipe or Notebook to use this code environment  

Also if you made a change to a code environment and are trying to use it i a notebook you will need to restart the Notebook kernel to detect the latest changes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

Adding the requirements to a separate code environment is usually preferred over installing packages to your directly via pip or in your base code env. 

See: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python/packages.html

In this case, you would want to 

1) Add the requirement  "tabula" to a code environment under packages to install and Save and Update. 

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 07.58.46.png

2) Change your recipe or Notebook to use this code environment  

Also if you made a change to a code environment and are trying to use it i a notebook you will need to restart the Notebook kernel to detect the latest changes. 

sreejithkm
Level 1
Level 1
Author

Dear Alex,

Thank you so much 🙂 it worked 🙂

Best Regards

Sreejith

0 Kudos