Feature Store

Vale_NCH
Level 2
Feature Store

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently ussing Dataiku 11.3, and when reading about the Feature Store i find that it saves the datasets to share with others. So, my question is if the datasets or features are saved in the storage space that Dataiku has or does it work like a logic layer (only shows the feature but is stored in my database)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marlan

Hi @Vale_NCH,

Any type of dataset you have available within Dataiku can be a feature dataset. You could choose to store your feature datasets as a text file in a folder managed by Dataiku (e.g. using the filesystem_managed connection) or yes, you could store your feature datasets in a Dataiku dataset backed by a database. We do the latter and store our feature datasets in Snowflake.

Marlan

0 Kudos
Vale_NCH
Level 2
Author

Thank you @Marlan! and how do i choose between the two options? 

Tanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Marlan

Hi @Vale_NCH, well, refreshing feature tables and joining feature tables to other tables will be much faster in a database than in text files stored on a server. This may not matter much if your tables are small. But for larger tables, a database is definitely the way to go. if you have the option to use datasets backed by a database, I'd definitely do that.

Marlan

0 Kudos