Error: Unable to Connect to SAP BW Data Source in SAP Analytics Cloud

stevediaz
Level 1
Error: Unable to Connect to SAP BW Data Source in SAP Analytics Cloud

Hello

I'm currently facing an issue while attempting to connect to our SAP BW data source within SAP Analytics Cloud. Despite following the usual steps for establishing the connection, I keep encountering an error message that reads:

"Connection Failed: Unable to establish a connection to the SAP BW system. Please verify your connection settings and credentials and try again."

Here's what I've tried so far to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Double-checked the connection settings, including the server URL, client, system number, and user credentials.
  2. Ensured that the necessary ports are open and accessible for communication between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP BW.
  3. Verified that the user account has the appropriate authorizations and roles to access the required data in SAP BW.
  4. Attempted to establish the connection from different devices and networks to rule out local connectivity issues.
  5. Confirmed that other data sources (e.g., Excel files, CSVs) can be connected to successfully in SAP Analytics Cloud.

Despite these efforts, the error persists, preventing me from accessing vital data from our SAP BW system for analysis and reporting in SAP Analytics Cloud .

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue before? If so, could you please share any insights or solutions that might help resolve this problem? Any guidance on potential configuration issues or common pitfalls to watch out for would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and support.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Turribeach

Hi, did you mean to post this in the SAP Forums? I am not sure how this is related to Dataiku.

0 Kudos