Dataiku versioning

kim13
Level 1
Dataiku versioning

Hi all,

Do you have any idea why Dataiku did not include the overview of bundles in their rollouts ? 

I find it very strange that the open source tools like DVC powered by GIT also has this overview of their versions but a closed source like Dataiku does not. Please share if you have any idea why Dataiku does not have this overview in their default features. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ClaudiusH
Dataiker Alumni

I think the programmatic approach describe in your first topic on the theme of bundles would create exactly a Dataiku DSS dataset of bundles and their information which would be "a table inside Dataiku" with the bundle overview, no? See the reply here:  https://community.dataiku.com/t5/General-Discussion/Overview-of-all-the-bundles/m-p/18553/highlight/...

Or are you asking for something already baked in to the Dataiku DSS user interface that you can just click to? Maybe you can elaborate a bit on the use case for accessing this and how often you would have to use it. That would help to understand a bit where your motivation is coming from and if it makes sense to look at productizing such functionality.

0 Kudos
kim13
Level 1
Author

Hi ClaudiusH,

Yes I am asking why DATAIKU does not have the "a table inside Dataiku" with the bundle overview by default and already baked inside DATAIKU?

Why does DATAIKU does not have this table overview of the bundle ready and instead requiring the users to programmatically produce the table.

Thanks,
kim13

0 Kudos
ClaudiusH
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks for clarifying that you are indeed looking to have bundle overview as part of Dataiku DSS instance overview.

Can you explain your use case as to when you are looking at bundles? Is it part of your administration, governance, or maintenance tasks? Understanding this user story would again help to make the case with our product team to consider this addition. Submitting this as a product idea would give it even more exposure to other users to support it. 

0 Kudos
kim13
Level 1
Author

Hi CladiushH, 

Do you know why they do not have it in the first place? 

Are there some constraints? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos