Sign up to take part
Registered users can ask their own questions, contribute to discussions, and be part of the Community!
I had a dataset with a column for country, a column with 5 different years x country and a column with some statistics.
I wanted to:
1) Rank each country for each year on that statistic
2) Compute difference between the stat of yeach year compared to the previous year
What I did:
1) Pivoted the df, so that I had one row per country and five columns for the value of the statistic for each year
2) I added 5 different Sort Recipe to the flow to add 5 columns with the rank of the country for each year (and here it comes the first feedback request, was there a faster way to obtain the rank on different columns?)
3) Added a Prepare Recipe with 4 formulas to compute 4 columns with change on that statistic from an year to the previous one (again, was there a faster way? At the beginning I tried to obtain this using row LagDiff in a Window Recipe before pivoting the data but then I got stuck on the ranking part) and canceled the columns with the stats.
Thank you, any feedback is appreciated!
Hi Beatrice, I've moved your post to the General Discussion board since I think you are more likely to find relevant help here.