'Communication to external code failed' - Plugin runtime error

nmadhu20
'Communication to external code failed' - Plugin runtime error

Hi Team,

I have been working on debugging a plugin whose code works perfectly fine in a recipe as opposed to when used as a plugin. While validating the inputs I am receiving the error - 'Communication to external code failed: Failed to get results from kernel' with a depreciated warning.

image.png

Can you help me out in understanding if this is a backend code issue or a DSS environment as there is no file as server.py in my plugin folder?

Thanks,
Madhuleena

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @nmadhu20,

If you would like to open a support ticket with us with the following information, we can help take a look:
 (1) an export of your plugin from the plugin page > Actions > Download this plugin
 (2) the full contents of the pop-up module you see, and your most recent backend.log file immediately after reproducing the issue. 

Thanks! 
Sarina

0 Kudos
nmadhu20
Author

Hi @SarinaS ,

I am fairly new to plugins so can you help me locate the backend.log file since I cannot share the code due to confidentiality issues?

I am hoping the log file could shed some light on the Kernel error.

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @nmadhu20,

I understand, the backend.log file can be found under Administration > Maintenance. You can find some more information on the log files here as well. I hope that using the backend log helps your troubleshoot, let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,
Sarina 

0 Kudos