Conundrum 4: Building Predictions

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager
Conundrum 4: Building Predictions

Generic Community Conundrums - header for posts12.png

The fourth conundrum is here! Letโ€™s dive back into the world of modeling with this weeks data surrounding  properties.

Attached is information regarding just over twenty thousand properties in Victoria, Canada. The data* includes various metrics such as location, elevation, the height of the property, extent of the property below ground and the use of the property.

Can you use all this information to build a model that predicts the use of the property?** Be careful: with over 40% of the properties having the same use it would be easy to bias your model towards over-predicting that particular use type.

Good luck!

*For the avoidance of doubt: 'ActualUse' is the column with the target variable.

Data provided here under this open data license licence.

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
2 Replies
MRvLuijpen

Hello @MichaelG , 

I have some trouble in locating the dataset. It also seems that the link to the data doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks in Advance, 

Marc Robert

0 Kudos
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager
Author

Hi  - replying here as well as in PM for others visibility, this is a know bug that we are working on and will get fixed ASAP!

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!