Why don't Statistics exist in Labs

Solved!
tgb417
Why don't Statistics exist in Labs

I taking the Basic 103 course and heard a nice description of the difference between processing steps in the flow and the steps in the lab.  The argument is that once you have something production you want to leave that alone in general and work in Labs.  OK, that makes sense to me.  There is this wonderful new feature in DSS V7 called Statistics that appears on each dataset.  That's wonderful.  However, I was surprised that this did not exist within the context of the LAB.  It strikes me almost that I want this feature in the Lab more than in the flow.  (And better yet in both seems like a good idea.)   

Does anyone know why this is?  Have I missed something? Or are statistics just a new feature and not yet made it into Labs.  Or is this somehow related to having the calculations being done in the underlying processing environment?  

--Tom

P.S. Thanks, @MichaelG for reading this section into the course.  This is very helpful.

--Tom
1 Solution
adamnieto

I believe the Statistics tab is in version 7 of DSS. You can find it when you click on a dataset in your flow and go to the Statistics tab as demonstrated in the photo attached. 

statistics_tab.png

You can upgrade your instance for Virtual Box by following the standard procedures for upgrading by reading these docs here but also here is a post to help guide you as well for a Virtual Box specific upgrade.  

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

We definitely recognize the value of bringing Statistics to the Lab. This would however come with quite significant development costs, which is why it was not prioritized for a first version.

It remains in our development backlog, however, as you can imagine, our development backlog is made of hundreds of such items that we have to decide between.

tgb417
Author

@Clรฉment_Stenac 

Thanks for the reply.  I hope you and your family are doing well. 

I get it.

Supper glad that you have this in your backlog of potential updates.

As a Scrum Product Owner (and Scrum Master) I understand that there are always "choices" involved backlog grooming.  I also know that hearing from users can be helpful ๐Ÿค”  when it comes to making choices.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out in the next release.  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

--Tom

--Tom
0 Kudos
jkcg-learning
Level 2

I am not able to find the statistics tab in Flow and Lab. 

I am using Virtual Box for Dataiku and the current version is 6.0.1.

How can I upgrade the VirtualBox instance of Dataiku?

0 Kudos
adamnieto

I believe the Statistics tab is in version 7 of DSS. You can find it when you click on a dataset in your flow and go to the Statistics tab as demonstrated in the photo attached. 

statistics_tab.png

You can upgrade your instance for Virtual Box by following the standard procedures for upgrading by reading these docs here but also here is a post to help guide you as well for a Virtual Box specific upgrade.  

jkcg-learning
Level 2

Thanks a lot adamnieto.

Followed the above-shared links and successfully upgraded Dataiku in VirtualBox.

Capture.PNG

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Awesome @jkcg-learning! Thanks for your help @adamnieto

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
jkcg-learning
Level 2

@CoreyS ,I am not seeing the option to Mark the Comment as "Accepted Solution".

Is that option only available for the community member who initiated this discussion chain?

MarkAsAccepted.png

@tgb417 , could you please check.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Great instinct @jkcg-learning! Yes in this case @tgb417, as author of the post, would have to accept it as a solution.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
tgb417
Author

@MichaelG can one have more than one accepted answer on a single thread?

--Tom
0 Kudos
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tgb417 yes that's entirely possible - no extra steps are needed, the poster can freely accept additional replies as solutions. 

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base