Visual Recipes Test

PhilipBF
Level 2
Visual Recipes Test

For the Visual Recipe Test, one of the questions is as follows:

Which of the following must be defined when creating a Pivot recipe? (Select two.)

At least one aggregation.
At least one row identifier.
At least one pivot column.
At least one pre-filter.

For a Pivot recipe, you need a pivot column and a row identifier and an aggregation. However, you can only choose two answers here. How is this possible?

For this question

Let's say that you want to find distinct values of two columns in a dataset. If using the Distinct recipe without computing counts of deduplicated rows, how many columns will be in the output dataset?

It depends on the number of duplicates.
The same number of columns as the original dataset.

Is the answer 2 or the same number of columns as the original dataset, which is also two? You can only choose one answer. How is this possible?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PhilipBF , I can suggest trying to run Pivot recipes without each of the possible answers and see which are absolutely required and which are (most often present but) not actually required.

Dataiku
0 Kudos
PhilipBF
Level 2
Author

Hi @SeanA, I tried that, but it seems like there's no answer. I didn't fill in anything for any of them. For the row identifier, Data Iku says Nothing selected, output will be a single row. Does that mean a row identifier isn't required because it will be selected anyway?

0 Kudos
PhilipBF
Level 2
Author

@SeanA @, row identifier was the answer. Thank you for your help. I asked the person responsible to fix the course, since the tutorial is misleading.

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PhilipBF , thank you for your feedback. I think the question is trying to draw your attention to how the row identifier works. It can be helpful to have a mental model of how the output will be impacted having 0, 1, or even multiple row identifiers. 

Dataiku
0 Kudos
PhilipBF
Level 2
Author

Hi @SeanA, thank you for explaining the concept and for your help.