Tutorial fails to move forward on Jupyter Notebook Create Recipe

Solved!
webzest
Level 2
Tutorial fails to move forward on Jupyter Notebook Create Recipe

I am following the Tutorial for R and ran into a dead-end event from this link:

https://academy.dataiku.com/r-and-dataiku-dss/506859

When I click on "From within the notebook, click Create Recipe > R recipe."  Nothing happened.  No window, just nothing.  Did I forget to perform a step?  All the previous steps worked, but this step just does nothing.

1 Solution
tgb417

Also what version of R are you running with.  There have been several reports of problems with R V4 over the past few days.

--Tom

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tgb417

@webzest 

A super basic question.  Have you installed the R-Extension in your DSS instance?

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/r.html

Historically this has been needed to get things working?  I know that this has tripped me up in the past.

--Tom

--Tom

--Tom
0 Kudos
webzest
Level 2
Author

Yes,  I did run through the R Integration Step and was able to get past the first Notebook, then the next tutorial directs me to click on the Create Recipe to generate a new recipe from the notebook that I am working on and that is wehn I do not get a response from the click.  it does nothing.

CreateRerroe.jpg

Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @webzest, that is odd.  What version of DSS are you running and what OS is DSS running on?

0 Kudos
tgb417

Also what version of R are you running with.  There have been several reports of problems with R V4 over the past few days.

--Tom
webzest
Level 2
Author

I was able to get this resolved by using Administration to create a new R environment and installing all the necessary packages.

Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks for reporting your solution @webzest ; that could help someone else who runs into the same issue.

0 Kudos
JBLAIR_SLB
Level 1

Have encountered the same problem.

On V 8.0.2 in the Basics of R in Dataiku DSS tutorial. The Jupyter notepad in the lab environment does not have code samples and does not create a recipe.

I used administrator to create a new R environment, and updated the Jupyter Support. No luck unfortunately...Was only when I moved to home page and returned to the notepad that I had the option of code samples and a working 'create recipe'. Maybe a bug?

0 Kudos