Quickstart tutorial fails to create

xXdbrzXx
Level 1
Quickstart tutorial fails to create

Hi All,

I'm working through the ML Practitioner course and I'm having trouble running any of the tutorials. I was able to run all of the tutorials for the Basics but non of the ML ones. I get this error:

Failed to create the tutorial.

Tutorial project import failed: {"usedProjectKey":"DKU_TUTORIAL_MACHINE_LEARNING_BASICS_8","neededAMigration":true,"usedConnections":[],"messages":[{"severity":"ERROR","isFatal":true,"code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_BAD_CONNECTION_PERMISSIONS","title":"Connection not usable","details":"Invalid connection for dataset customers_labeled : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped.","message":"Connection not usable: Invalid connection for dataset customers_labeled : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped."},{"severity":"ERROR","isFatal":true,"code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_BAD_CONNECTION_PERMISSIONS","title":"Connection not usable","details":"Invalid connection for dataset orders_by_customer : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped.","message":"Connection not usable: Invalid connection for dataset orders_by_customer : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped."},{"severity":"ERROR","isFatal":true,"code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_BAD_CONNECTION_PERMISSIONS","title":"Connection not usable","details":"Invalid connection for dataset customers_orders_joined : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped.","message":"Connection not usable: Invalid connection for dataset customers_orders_joined : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped."},{"severity":"ERROR","isFatal":true,"code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_BAD_CONNECTION_PERMISSIONS","title":"Connection not usable","details":"Invalid connection for dataset orders_prepared : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped.","message":"Connection not usable: Invalid connection for dataset orders_prepared : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped."},{"severity":"ERROR","isFatal":true,"code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_BAD_CONNECTION_PERMISSIONS","title":"Connection not usable","details":"Invalid connection for dataset customers_unlabeled_joined : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped.","message":"Connection not usable: Invalid connection for dataset customers_unlabeled_joined : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped."},{"severity":"ERROR","isFatal":true,"code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_BAD_CONNECTION_PERMISSIONS","title":"Connection not usable","details":"Invalid connection for dataset customers_unlabeled_prepared : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped.","message":"Connection not usable: Invalid connection for dataset customers_unlabeled_prepared : filesystem_managed (Filesystem) is not freely usable and needs to be remapped."}],"maxSeverity":"ERROR","anyMessage":true,"success":false,"warning":false,"error":true,"fatal":true}

Any help would be appreciated

Best,

Dylan

Operating system used: Microsoft

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @xXdbrzXx , thanks for reaching out. The error message looks like you don't have permissions on the filesystem, but that shouldn't be an issue here.

• To confirm, you're trying to create the project for the hands-on tutorial in the Machine Learning Basics course?
  • You mentioned this is true for all of the ML ones. So does the Scoring Basics tutorial also give the same error? Have you tried any others?
  • What version of Dataiku are you using?

Try to download the project from this website (for your version of Dataiku) and importing the zip file as a new project (don't unzip the file). Let us know if that's successful or if you get the same error.

Dataiku
0 Kudos
xXdbrzXx
Level 1
Author

Hi Sean,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes this is from the hands-on tutorial from the Machine Learning course. I get the same error on the rest of the Machine Learning courses, Advanced Designer, Developer and MLOps. I am using version 10.0.6.

When I import the zip file I get this message:

Invalid project key

Project key DKU_TUTORIAL_MACHINE_LEARNING_BASICS is already used. Please check that you have not already imported this project.
0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @xXdbrzXx , so that error is because another project already has this exact key.

Is this a shared instance? If not, you can always delete the other project, but there's also a box to check when you do the upload (Display advanced options after upload). Click that and choose a new project key. 

From your initial error, it mentioned DKU_TUTORIAL_MACHINE_LEARNING_BASICS_8 so this project is likely already there many times.

This workaround should succeed but still doesn't quite explained why you weren't able to create the project yourself. Are you the admin of the instance?

Dataiku
0 Kudos