Pearson coefficients for Partitioned Models

tgb417
Pearson coefficients for Partitioned Models

When working partitioned models in DSS, during training examples, as described at this URL

https://academy-content.dataiku.com/latest/courses/partitioned-models/partitioned-models.html#evalua...

I see that the Pearson Coefficients for "all partitions" is really small in comparison to each of the subpartitions.  I don't know why this would be.  If they were close I'd get it.  But this big a difference in values 0.19 for the All Partitions value, vs 0.90 for each independent partition seems odd.

Dataiku DSS Screenshot model summary page showing two partitions florida & california each with a Pearson coeff of 0.90.  However the All partition value for the Pearson coeff. is showing ~0.19.  There is an added text box asking "Why is the All Partitions, Pearson Coefficient for โ€œAll Partitionsโ€ so small in comparison to the values of each of the sub partitions?"Dataiku DSS Screenshot model summary page showing two partitions florida & california each with a Pearson coeff of 0.90. However the All partition value for the Pearson coeff. is showing ~0.19. There is an added text box asking "Why is the All Partitions, Pearson Coefficient for โ€œAll Partitionsโ€ so small in comparison to the values of each of the sub partitions?"

I'm wondering if I don't know the math well enough, or if I've discovered a bug.

This problem is evident in the image in the training materials.

cc: @Alex_Reutter 

--Tom
0 Kudos
0 Replies