Machine Learning Basic Course

ms19
Level 1
Machine Learning Basic Course

Hi,

I have been following the ML Practitioner path. In the Machine Learning Basic course-> Tune the model section->Hands on segment, there is a following statement:

"A business analyst has analyzed the relationship between the top two variables from the Variable importance chart, age_first_order and pages_visited_avg, and the target, high_revenue, to assert the following:

• When age_first_order is greater than or equal to 40, the customer is likely to be labeled โ€œhigh revenue = trueโ€ at least 10% of the time.
  • When count of pages_visited_avg is between 6 and 12, the customer is likely to be labeled โ€œhigh revenue = trueโ€ at least 10% of the time."

My question is, where can you check explicit values of variables? I can only see % in the Variable Importance section in the model details.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsabelleG
Dataiker

Hi,

In fact, you canโ€™t assert that directly from the Variable importance chart. However, you can use:

• the subpopulation analysis, where you have the confusion matrix for different ranges of values of a chosen feature.
  • the partial dependence panel to understand the relationships between a feature and the target variable.

Metrics & assertions also do this but you have to retrain the model.

I hope this will help.

Isabelle

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)