Learning | Certification

Options
BALA
BALA Registered Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, While doing Core design hands on There is task to transform value from country data to per capita data! can some one help to get familize here!

Answers

• Ignacio_Toledo
    Ignacio_Toledo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 411 Neuron
    Options

Hi @BALA

I guess you mean this task in particular:

Some columns report country total data. Transform these columns into per capita data. You will not need the original columns (including Population) for further analysis.

In the data you have, some columns contain the Total of a variable (or measure) by country. For example, you could have one column that has for each country the "Total meat production in kilograms". What they are asking you to do is to calculate a column with the value per capita, i.e., the amount of the variable that is produced or consumed by one person in the country.

So, if you have "total meat production in kilograms" they want you to calculate "meat production per person in kilograms". To do this you need to find a column with the total population of the country, and the divide the total value by the population to get the per capita value.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse more!

• kkdataiku
    kkdataiku Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ignacio_Toledo
    , I think you were right. I was looking to do the same for my test . good explanation.

• priyanka22kar
    priyanka22kar Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Ignacio_Toledo
    so you meant is to divide the total population column by other columns?

• Ignacio_Toledo
    Ignacio_Toledo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 411 Neuron
    Options

Hi @priyanka22kar

No, the "total population" column is the divisor:

consumption_per_capita = total_country_consumption / total_country_population

or it could be production of something, or another quantity.

• shaikhaneesha09
    shaikhaneesha09 Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Can you help me whit the exact syntax

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…