Failed to install the Reverse Geocoding plugin

L_Romain
Level 1
Failed to install the Reverse Geocoding plugin

Dear all, 

I have issues installing the Reverse geocoding plugin to complete the Advance Designer courses.
First I have tried to install the plugin and restart the VM, but then I couldn't find the plugin in my list of installed plugins. I have tried to :

- install again the plugin, which triggered this error message: "Target /home/dataiku/dss/plugins/installed/geoadmin already exists, you should update it"

- upload the plugin via a zip file and indicating that it was an update for an installed plugin, which triggered this error message: "Could not read any data from file /home/dataiku/dss/plugins/installed/geoadmin/state.json, is it empty ?"

Could you please help me with this so that I can pursue my training ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @L_Romain,
Likely the VM was restarted while the plugin was still being installed leaving it in an inconsistent state.

Please try these steps:
rm -rf  /home/dataiku/dss/plugins/installed/geoadmin
Go to the plugin store and install the plugin again. 

If that fails please reach out and share the instance diagnostics via Support Chat

Thanks

0 Kudos
L_Romain
Level 1
Author

Hi @AlexT , 
Thank you for your answer.

Where should I type the steps? I cannot find a way to access the command prompt.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

@L_Romain ,

Where did you install DSS exactly? You mentioned VM, so I assume you are using VirtualBox or VMware.
Or are you using Dataiku Cloud?

Thanks

0 Kudos
L_Romain
Level 1
Author

C:\Users\Romain L\VirtualBox VMs\dataiku-dss-11.1.3

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

You must open the Virtual Box while the VM is running and connect to the actual console of that VM to run the commands provided.
Or you can use an SSH client to connect on localhost port 2222 with datiaku/datiaku.

Another alternative would be to use the Datiaku Cloud trial instead to complete your certification instead.

Thanks

0 Kudos
L_Romain
Level 1
Author

The thing is that I'm blocked at localhost login and password before I could enter the commands you provided me.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker
0 Kudos