Error in python process

ral-haddad
Level 1
Error in python process

I was trying to build a plugin recipe while training under the Hands-on: Plugin Store module, when I got this error:

Error in python process: At line 11: <class 'NameError'>: name 'logging' is not defined

How can I solve this issue?

build error.PNG

โ€ƒ

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ral-haddad , you can start by following these instructions in the product documentation for investigating a failed job.

Just by looking at the screenshot, I would suspect there might be an issue with the plugin's code environment.

A few other questions to help you debug:

• What version of Dataiku are you using? You can find this by clicking the question mark in the top right and then clicking "About".
  • Are you using Dataiku Online or an on-prem instance?
  • If using an on-prem instance, what version of the census plugin are you using? You can find this in the installed tab of the plugin store.
  • If you're on an on-prem instance, go to Administration > Code envs, and find the one for "plugin_census-us_managed".
Dataiku
0 Kudos
ral-haddad
Level 1
Author

Hi Sean,

- I'm using Dataiku version 9.0.3

- I'm using on-prem instance of Dataiku

- The version of the US census plugin that I'm using is 0.3.3

I believe the issue is mainly with the census plugin, but couldn't figure out how to get around it.

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ral-haddad , from your screenshot I suspect it has to do with the plugin's code env. If you're an admin, go to Administration > Code Envs. Find the plugin's code env (likely named plugin_census-us_managed. Open it. Click "Rebuild env" and then update to rebuild the code env from scratch.

Dataiku
0 Kudos
ral-haddad
Level 1
Author

@SeanA , I was unable to solve this issue as I am not an admin, nor an admin was able to update the plugin for me from their side. Any other way to get around this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ral-haddad , if your admin is unable to debug the plugin, I can see only two alternatives:

• Download the free version of Dataiku (where you will be the admin).
  • Use Dataiku Online and add the plugin to your launchpad.
Dataiku
0 Kudos