Developer Certification Questions

Solved!
JaredDolich
Level 2
Developer Certification Questions

Great community site. Some quick questions:

I'm constantly running into Anaplan implementations where the customer needs a quick and intuitive GUI ETL platform. Really a big fan of Dataiku. So, I'm interested in going through the certification program as  a way to help introduce this platform to new customers.

Is the 14-day trial long enough for me to complete the developer certificate? If not, is the 14-day trial renewable? Or, should I set up VMWare and install Dataiku on premise? Lastly, is the advanced designer have any overlap with developer, or is it a completely separate path?

Thanks in advance.

Jared Dolich | Retailitix
4 Solutions
tgb417

@JaredDolich ,

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.  Almost all of the courses can be completed on the community edition of the product. 

If you really wanted to do this in 10-14 days and use the start up license.  I think it will depend how focused your going to be.  If you are going to do this as a full time job and and work on it 8 hours a day and have existing python coding and data science skills.  I suspect that you could do that.

Iโ€™ve also seen the academy team be very generous about extending licenses related to completing the courses and certification.  I would just ask on a support ticket or the academy discussion board.  

--Tom

View solution in original post

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @JaredDolich and welcome to the Dataiku Community. To answer your questions, there is an estimated minimum amount of time to complete each learning path plus an estimated time to complete the exam. For example:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.54.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.55.11 PM.png

Keep in mind these are just estimates so it can take you longer or shorter depending on your skill level. You have 14 days on your free trial to complete the path. If you feel like you will need more time you can reach out to the Admin of the trial to request an extension or you can download the Free Edition which has no end date and is yours forever.

For more information on the Developer Learning Path/Certification, I would recommend that you watch this recent webinar on it: Introducing the Developer Learning Path | Dataiku Academy - Watch on Demand 

While there could theoretically be some overlap, Advanced Designer is focused on advanced visual tools while Developer is focused on more coding tools in Dataiku DSS. I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Sure, the 14 day free trial is available to you for 14 days and then expires and it is a cloud based tool. The free or community edition is an installed version and has no expiration date. You can view edition comparisons in more detail on the Getting Started section of our website.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JaredDolich ,

Just to add on a few points to what @CoreyS and @tgb417 have already said:

• The account you use to login to Dataiku will be the same whether you are using Dataiku Online (the 14 day trial) or the local version. So no matter where you start, if you change your mind, any progress will be saved.
  • There is very little overlap between the Developer and Advanced Designer learning paths. In other words, Advanced Designer is not required to succeed in Developer. Developer is for a coder who wants to use the code integrations (e.g. Python). Advanced Designer is a logical next step after Core Designer. The intended audience there may know how to code but the focus is more advanced functionality in the visual interface.

If we've missed any points, be sure to let us know!

Dataiku

12 Replies
tgb417

@JaredDolich ,

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.  Almost all of the courses can be completed on the community edition of the product. 

If you really wanted to do this in 10-14 days and use the start up license.  I think it will depend how focused your going to be.  If you are going to do this as a full time job and and work on it 8 hours a day and have existing python coding and data science skills.  I suspect that you could do that.

Iโ€™ve also seen the academy team be very generous about extending licenses related to completing the courses and certification.  I would just ask on a support ticket or the academy discussion board.  

--Tom
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Yeah what @tgb417 said!

JaredDolich
Level 2
Author

Awesome response time! Wow. So quick.

Can you quickly describe the difference between the Community edition and the 14 day trial, or is that the same thing?

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Sure, the 14 day free trial is available to you for 14 days and then expires and it is a cloud based tool. The free or community edition is an installed version and has no expiration date. You can view edition comparisons in more detail on the Getting Started section of our website.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @JaredDolich and welcome to the Dataiku Community. To answer your questions, there is an estimated minimum amount of time to complete each learning path plus an estimated time to complete the exam. For example:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.54.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.55.11 PM.png

Keep in mind these are just estimates so it can take you longer or shorter depending on your skill level. You have 14 days on your free trial to complete the path. If you feel like you will need more time you can reach out to the Admin of the trial to request an extension or you can download the Free Edition which has no end date and is yours forever.

For more information on the Developer Learning Path/Certification, I would recommend that you watch this recent webinar on it: Introducing the Developer Learning Path | Dataiku Academy - Watch on Demand 

While there could theoretically be some overlap, Advanced Designer is focused on advanced visual tools while Developer is focused on more coding tools in Dataiku DSS. I hope this helps!

AminAsgharzadeh
Level 1

Hi !

I am trying to work on the Developer Certificate and in the step-1 of the Hands-On Instructions it asks for a function called "resampleColumn" which I cannot find it anywhere (including project library) and the entire exam process is sort of depends on performing all these steps. I was trying to get you help on this function "resampleColumn" does not seem to be existing anywhere.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AminAsgharzadeh , check the project library once more. In the python folder you should have 3 py files. Search there.

Dataiku
0 Kudos
JaredDolich
Level 2
Author

Thanks @CoreyS - appreciate the quick response. I run my server on Windows so running the Community version could be more challenging. Is it possible to copy the work in the trial version over to a Community version? Just trying to figure out the best path for learning. 

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @JaredDolich here is some info in terms of installing Dataiku on Windows and installing Dataiku using Virtualbox Or VMWare

You can also export and upload your project

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JaredDolich ,

Just to add on a few points to what @CoreyS and @tgb417 have already said:

• The account you use to login to Dataiku will be the same whether you are using Dataiku Online (the 14 day trial) or the local version. So no matter where you start, if you change your mind, any progress will be saved.
  • There is very little overlap between the Developer and Advanced Designer learning paths. In other words, Advanced Designer is not required to succeed in Developer. Developer is for a coder who wants to use the code integrations (e.g. Python). Advanced Designer is a logical next step after Core Designer. The intended audience there may know how to code but the focus is more advanced functionality in the visual interface.

If we've missed any points, be sure to let us know!

Dataiku
JaredDolich
Level 2
Author

@SeanA That's what I needed to know. Then it makes sense I guess to go with the 14 day trial. If it takes me longer than 14 days to set up the local version, will I lose work?

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JaredDolich , I may have misunderstood, but if you start with the 14 day trial and you'd like to continue working on a certificate, you can A) ask for an extension to keep using the online version. Or B) you can also of course switch to the locally downloaded version at any time (which is permanently yours for free). If you create projects using Dataiku Online that you want to keep, you can download them as a zip file and import them to the locally downloaded version. The account you use for Community/Academy will be unaffected. All of your course progress will remain the same no matter what version of Dataiku DSS you may be using.

Dataiku
0 Kudos