Dataiku academy Videos not playing with Firefox

Options
Pierre_P
Pierre_P Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hello

just to point out that since recently, the videos no longer work with the Firefox web browser (78.2.0esr)

(same with the presentation videos of the dataiku 9 release).

it's ok with chrome and Edge

Answers

• Sean
    Sean Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 168 Dataiker
    Options

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for reporting this. I don't seem to be having the same problem with Firefox. Does it seem to be all videos or a specific one in particular? Perhaps you have some ad/cookie blocker that is preventing the videos from playing?

Thanks,

• Pierre_P
    Pierre_P Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

All Dataiku Acamedy videos, and dataiku release 9 content no longer work on firefox

Here are 3 examples of Videos that don't work with Firefox

- I deleted all cookies

- same problem on different workstations of our company which use the same version of Firefox (78.2.0esr (32 bits))

Concept: Partitioning (dataiku.com)

Concept: DSS Homepage (dataiku.com)

Dataiku Product Days

• ClaudiusH
    ClaudiusH Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni, Registered Posts: 106 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried watching videos, e.g. https://academy.dataiku.com/dataiku-dss-the-value-proposition using Firefox 88 (current stable rapid release) and the video played back fine. Can you play back on the Vidyard video page at https://videos.dataiku.com/watch/zu59w5PY6Vc78SvxeCdPAP? ?

If that's failing, too, then maybe there's an incompatibility of the Vidyard player with the ESR release branch of Firefox. Let me meanwhile find a way to install ESR alongside my rapid release to include it in our test setup for Academy.

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

@Pierre_P

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

I gave it a try from my older mac and had no problems with firefox 87 or 88.

I'm wondering about malware protection software that might be running on your computer. Also wondering if cookies might also be a consideration.

• Pierre_P
    Options

same error with https://videos.dataiku.com/watch/zu59w5PY6Vc78SvxeCdPAP?

I think that firefox 78.2 no longer allows to load videos.

I would wait for an update of our workstations (we are not the administrator of our workstations).

The discussion was just to point out this case. For now I will recommend my DSS users to use Chrome or Edge

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…