DSS Tutorial Creation Error

Solved!
max1mus
Level 1
DSS Tutorial Creation Error

Hi, 

I think this is the place I can look for answer. 

I have been having issue with creating Dataiku DSS (SQL Based tutorial). I thought it was with our PostgreSQL. But we can create connection with no problem and can interact with the DB. 
However, when it comes to downloading Dataiku DSS tutorial courses, it gives the following error. Not only this tutorial, but all SQL based tutorials. 

Has anyone experienced this before? Stuck on the Advanced course because of this. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Best,

Max

{
  "usedProjectKey":"DKU_TUT_VIZ102_FORMULA",
  "neededAMigration":false,
  "usedConnections":[

],
  "messages":[
     {
        "severity":"ERROR",
        "isFatal":true,
        "code":"ERR_BUNDLE_ACTIVATE_MISSING_CONNECTION",
        "title":"Missing connection",
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset cardholder_info_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset cardholder_info_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset purchase_amount_ranked (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset purchase_amount_ranked (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_dimensions_filtered (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_dimensions_filtered (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_lag (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_lag (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset income_per_tract_usa_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset income_per_tract_usa_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset merchant_info_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset merchant_info_copy (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_windows (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_windows (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_joined (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_joined (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_known_prepared (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_known_prepared (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset merchants_by_state (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset merchants_by_state (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_analyze_windows (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_analyze_windows (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_joined_prepared (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_joined_prepared (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_cumulative_sums (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_cumulative_sums (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_unknown_scored (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_unknown_scored (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_known (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_known (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_moving_average (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_moving_average (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     },
     {
        "details":"Connection missing for dataset transactions_unknown (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)",
        "message":"Missing connection: Connection missing for dataset transactions_unknown (not remapped): postgresql (PostgreSQL)"
     }
  ],
  "maxSeverity":"ERROR",
  "anyMessage":true,
  "success":false,
  "\"warni"

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @max1mus ,

Sorry that we didn't see this message earlier.

To confirm, are the projects failing on import when you go to "+New Project > DSS Tutorials > Advanced Designer > [some SQL-based project]"?

Currently, we have a problem with the remapping dialogue when creating a project this way.

You can download any project from the downloads site: https://cdn.downloads.dataiku.com/public/dss-samples/

Then you should be able to import the zip file normally. During import, you will be asked to remap the SQL connection in the project to your local one.

Another alternative is to use the file-based projects for now. You could even change the connection to SQL once you have the projects created if you wanted to.

Hope this helps!

Dataiku

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @max1mus ,

Sorry that we didn't see this message earlier.

To confirm, are the projects failing on import when you go to "+New Project > DSS Tutorials > Advanced Designer > [some SQL-based project]"?

Currently, we have a problem with the remapping dialogue when creating a project this way.

You can download any project from the downloads site: https://cdn.downloads.dataiku.com/public/dss-samples/

Then you should be able to import the zip file normally. During import, you will be asked to remap the SQL connection in the project to your local one.

Another alternative is to use the file-based projects for now. You could even change the connection to SQL once you have the projects created if you wanted to.

Hope this helps!

Dataiku
0 Kudos
max1mus
Level 1
Author

Hi @SeanA 

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, it was with "+New Project > DSS Tutorials > Advanced Designer > [some SQL-based project]". 

It seems we can work on it by downloading the project.

Since it doesn't have any issue with connecting to the DB, I don't think it poses significant issue here.

Again, thank you for your reply. 

Best,

Max

0 Kudos
Tamer_Aziz
Level 2

@SeanA - Thanks..

You have mentioned the following: During import, you will be asked to remap the SQL connection in the project to your local one.

How to do that? how to remap the SQL connection.

Regards,
Tamer Aziz

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Tamer_Aziz
Level 2

@SeanA Thank you for your prompt response. I went through this article with no success. 
What I'm trying to do is to import the Basic Machine Learning Tutorial from the Academy through this link: Index of /public/dss-samples/DKU_TUTORIAL_MACHINE_LEARNING_BASICS/dss-8.0 (dataiku.com)

Then I tried to import the zip file as is following the instructions, but I get this error msg:

Connection not stable - error.png

Accordingly, I believe, I need to remap the connection, but it is not clear to me how to do it.
I appreciate if you can guide me. 

Connection Remapping.png

Thank you for the support.
Regards, Tamer Aziz

0 Kudos
Tamer_Aziz
Level 2

@SeanA - I managed to resolve the issue with a colleague in my company.

This required me to gain certain privilege to deal with filesystem also to alter the engine from hive to spark and rebuild all the connections. It is completely a thing that has to do with our internal setup.