DSS Tutorial Basics - failed to create tutorial

vho
Level 2
DSS Tutorial Basics - failed to create tutorial

I'm trying to create a new project for any one of the basics series (101, 102, 103), but each time I try to create the project I receive this error :

Failed to create the tutorial.

Archive for DKU_TUTORIAL_BASICS not found : /Applications/DataScienceStudio 2.app/Contents/Resources/kit/resources/tutorials/DKU_TUTORIAL_BASICS/archive.zip

Is there an issue with the basics tutorial series? I am able to create projects for all the other DSS tutorial categories except the basics.

Thanks!

Vanessa

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @vho , what version of DSS are you running?

0 Kudos
vho
Level 2
Author

Hi @Alex_Reutter I'm using v8.0

Could it have to do with the java version I'm running? I installed it on my mac to use DSS, via the terminal using  $brew cask install java

0 Kudos
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

We confirm that this is an issue in DSS 8 which will be fixed in a new update in a few days.

In the meantime, you can access the Basics tutorial in the "Core Designer" tutorials category instead when opening the "DSS tutorials" window.

If the "Core Designer" section does not appear, please restart DSS to force a refresh of the tutorials lists.

vho
Level 2
Author

Thanks for the update @Clรฉment_Stenac! I've restarted DSS, but still don't see the 'Core Designer' tutorials.  This is what I see under DSS Tutorials (image attached)

0 Kudos
Ventoux
Level 2

@vho @Clรฉment_Stenac Hello! 

I'm experiencing the same issue as Vho. 

Failed to create the tutorial.

Archive for DKU_TUTORIAL_BASICS not found : /dataiku-dss-8.0.0/resources/tutorials/DKU_TUTORIAL_BASICS/archive.zip

Is there any news on the update or how this can be fixed? Like Vho the other tutorials working for me. 

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni
0 Kudos
Ventoux
Level 2

Hello @Alex_Reutter 

Thanks for the response. I downloaded 8.0.1 and am still receiving the same error message. 

Any Ideas? 

0 Kudos
Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Hm... that is odd.  Let me show what I would expect you to see in 8.0 and 8.0.1.  

In 8.0 there should be a "Basics" category that has the bad links; there should also be a "Core Designer" category that has the correct links to the tutorial projects.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.25.30.png

In 8.0.1, there should be a "Core Designer / Basics" category that has the correct links

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.25.58.png

vho
Level 2
Author

Hi @Ventoux are you able to see the 'core designer' category? The 3 Basics tutorials are available and working there for me.

0 Kudos
Ventoux
Level 2

@Alex_Reutter @vho odd, I'm currently in 8.0.1 as shown before but currently seeing what is shown in your 8.0. Regardless I was able to download the correct tutorial through the 'core designer' category. 

Thank you both for the help!