Course Not Showing Complete

aok5064
Level 1
Course Not Showing Complete

I completed some courses through the Course Catalog towards certification but it looks like it didn't update the completion in my Learning Paths and Certifications. I guess I didn't select Register in the Learning Paths and Certifications module but when I clicked it it doesn't show any of the progress I made just going through the Course Catalog. Do I really have to do multiple courses over again because I didn't do it under Learning Paths and Certifications or hit the Register Button?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @aok5064 , on the Learning Path courses, you can click Next on each lesson, and simply have to pass each section and course checkpoint to pass the course.  Hopefully it should be relatively fast to repeat these quizzes.

Note that the Course Catalog is intended as a completely open set of materials just-in-time training when you need to learn about, or refresh your memory, on a topic.  This means that there is no way to track progress on a Course Catalog course.  This is why each "About this Course" for a course in the Catalog that is also on a Learning Path notes:

"To track your progress and work towards completion of the certificate program, you should register for this course through the Learning Paths. Any progress in this course will not count towards a certificate."

Hope this helps,

Alex

0 Kudos
tgb417

@aok5064 Iโ€˜ll +1 a little bit of frustration around redoing some of the courses which I have already likely have done.  That said there is some new useful stuff in these versions of the courses. Particularly around some new features like the statistics screens.  

--Tom
0 Kudos
Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Thank you @tgb417 the frustration is heard and understood.  We want to ensure that all our learning materials are freely open, even without registration, while at the same time offering the ability to track your progress through a Learning Path, so the duality of courses is currently unavoidable.  ๐Ÿ˜ž  

For now, we recommend looking at Learning Paths first for anyone interested in the certificate program.

0 Kudos
tgb417

@Alex_Reutter Check โœ… message received.  If I want to pressure a certificate please do learning paths.  Got it.

--Tom
0 Kudos