Could not download tutorials

Solved!
david1002liu
Level 1
Could not download tutorials

I can't download any tutorial courses other than the 3 basic courses.

Capture.PNG

โ€ƒ

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @david1002liu , if your instance is not connected to the internet (which seems like is the case), then you can download any project you need from the public downloads site on a machine where you do have internet access (such as the one you're using to access this Community website). 

Once you have the course you are looking for, you can download the zip file. There may be different zip files available for different versions of DSS. If you are running DSS 9 for example, choose the folder dss-9.0.

Once you have the zip file you need, you can transfer it to the machine where you have your DSS instance. Your company probably has recommended or approved ways to do this.

Then when you are inside DSS, go to +New Project > Import Project and choose your zip file.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks! 

Dataiku

View solution in original post

13 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @david1002liu , is it possible that your DSS instance does not have internet access? All of the tutorial projects (aside from these three) are fetched from the internet. If that's the case, you can find these projects on the public downloads site, and then transfer them over to your machine.

Let me know if this solves your issue. Thanks!

Dataiku
0 Kudos
david1002liu
Level 1
Author

How do I get internet access for my DSS instant?

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is your instance running on a kind of company intranet instead of the internet? 

Dataiku
0 Kudos
david1002liu
Level 1
Author

yes I think so

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @david1002liu , if your instance is not connected to the internet (which seems like is the case), then you can download any project you need from the public downloads site on a machine where you do have internet access (such as the one you're using to access this Community website). 

Once you have the course you are looking for, you can download the zip file. There may be different zip files available for different versions of DSS. If you are running DSS 9 for example, choose the folder dss-9.0.

Once you have the zip file you need, you can transfer it to the machine where you have your DSS instance. Your company probably has recommended or approved ways to do this.

Then when you are inside DSS, go to +New Project > Import Project and choose your zip file.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks! 

Dataiku
david1002liu
Level 1
Author

The error is Details: Error while trying to GET url, caused by: SSLHandshakeException: Remote host terminated the handshake, caused by: EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly.

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

What action causes this error? From your earlier screenshot, it didn't seem like any of the tutorials appeared at all.

Dataiku
0 Kudos
david1002liu
Level 1
Author

It is just what it says in the screenshot, it occurs when I opened the tutorials.

0 Kudos
mus_boussebaine
Level 1

VM_settings.PNGDSS_URL.PNG

Hi @david1002liu 
I've just come across the same issue. I'm using Dataiku DSS on Virual Machine (VirualBox).

As @SeanA  pointed it out. The problem is mainly because my instance was connected to the Internet. So, to solve this issue, I had to configure my VirtualBox DSS VM instance to grant it Internet Connection. Select dataiku-dss instance > Settings > Network > Attached to : Bridged Adapter.

Now your instance in connected to the internet. 

Important :
Since now you're connected to your host machine with Bridged Adapter mode. When you run the instance, In order to get access to DSS you cannot use the [Localhost:10000] url, you must use the [LocalIP:10000] as a URL. You can find the LocalIP address in the running VM instance.

Check out the Screenshots.

0 Kudos
Jason1
Level 1

I downloaded the zip file version 11 (dss-tutorial-DKU_TUTORIAL_MACHINE_LEARNING_BASICS.zip) and I tried to import it, but I get an error (Invalid project archive

This does not look like a DSS project archive

Additional technical details: HTTP code: 500, Code: ERR_PROJECT_INVALID_ARCHIVE, type: com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.CodedException). 

Any thoughts what is going on?

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jason1 , I suspect something went wrong during your download. I see the file in your screenshot is only 4KB. When I download it, it is 1.8MB. My first suggestion would be to try downloading again with a different browser. If you do succeed in getting a 1.8MB download and still encounter problems, let us know if you have this problem with other project zip files or specifically this one --- as well as what version of Dataiku you're using. Thanks!

Dataiku
0 Kudos
Jason1
Level 1

Hi SeanA,

Yep, that was it. Thanks for the help.

Jason

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great!