Survey banner
The Dataiku Community is moving to a new home! We are temporary in read only mode: LEARN MORE

Advanced Designer Visual Recipies

Solved!
Christoph
Level 1
Advanced Designer Visual Recipies

I want to uploade the provided ZIP file for the Visual Recipie Tutorial, however, I cannot extract the csv files. I only get the JSON-files. Does someone know how to handle this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Christoph , I think I understand now. The zip file you are trying to import is a new Dataiku project. However it sounds like you are within a project trying to import a new dataset. You want to go back to the Design home (Click the bird at the top left). Click +New Project > Import project. That's where you want to upload the zip file for a project.

Dataiku

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Christoph can you clarify which tutorial and which file you're trying to upload? Thanks!

Dataiku
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 1
Author

Hi SeanA, it's the first tutorial for the advanced designer certification. If I want to start with the tutorial "Visual Recipies - Tutorial I Getting Started" I am asked to start this way:

1. From the Dataiku Design homepage, click + New Project > DSS tutorials > Advanced Designer > Visual Recipes.

2. From the project homepage, click Go to Flow.

Or by uploading a ZIP-file (the starter project) as a result I would like to upload the ZIP-file but than I do not get the CSV files (only JSON-files).

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you try to download the ZIP file found on the downloads site, does your browser automatically unzip the file? You need it to remain zipped in order to import it. (Also does the in-product method not work for some reason?)

Dataiku
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 1
Author

Yes, it remains zipped and if I upload the zipped folder I get 31 files to create new datasets.

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Christoph , I think I understand now. The zip file you are trying to import is a new Dataiku project. However it sounds like you are within a project trying to import a new dataset. You want to go back to the Design home (Click the bird at the top left). Click +New Project > Import project. That's where you want to upload the zip file for a project.

Dataiku
0 Kudos