Advanced Designer Learning Path - Plugin Store Course Error - Hands-On: Plugin Store

Solved!
romo
Level 1
Advanced Designer Learning Path - Plugin Store Course Error - Hands-On: Plugin Store

Dear all:

I have searched for this error on the community and I cannot find anyone having the same problem.

I am running the Hands-On exercise and I am having an internal python error when executing the US Census Plugin Get US census block group from lat lon recipe.

When I run the recipe following the hands-on steps I get the error:

---------------------------

[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - [2022-07-18 19:48:28,706] [1/MainThread] [INFO] [root] Running user code
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - *************** Recipe code failed **************
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - Begin Python stack
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - Traceback (most recent call last):
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  -   File "/opt/dataiku/python/dataiku/container/exec_py_recipe.py", line 19, in <module>
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  -     exec(fd.read())
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  -   File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - NameError: name 'logging' is not defined
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - End Python stack
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - Installing debugging signal handler
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - [2022-07-18 19:48:29,970] [1/MainThread] [ERROR] [root] Containerized process terminated by signal 1
[19:48:30] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - [2022-07-18 19:48:29,970] [1/MainThread] [INFO] [root] Sending error.json to backend/JEK
------------------------------------

I have followed the steps to the letter and the dependent datasets were built without error.

I have tried deleting the DSS project and starting a brand new one, deleting also the managed datasets of the project.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
romo
Level 1
Author

I tweaked the advanced options, choosing to force it to run on the backend (although slower). That sorted the problem, but I am not sure if it was mere luck.

I wonder what you troubleshooting options are when using a plug-in (if you do not want to dig into the source code), assuming I have not managed to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @romo , sorry to hear you're having trouble. Let's start with some basic info.

- What is the URL of the exercise? (We have a few that use this plugin).

- What version of Dataiku are you using?

- What version of the plugin are you using?

Dataiku
0 Kudos
romo
Level 1
Author

I tweaked the advanced options, choosing to force it to run on the backend (although slower). That sorted the problem, but I am not sure if it was mere luck.

I wonder what you troubleshooting options are when using a plug-in (if you do not want to dig into the source code), assuming I have not managed to fix the problem.

0 Kudos