Academy coverage of the Time Series Forecast Plugin

tgb417
Academy coverage of the Time Series Forecast Plugin

Academy Staff,

Given today's release of the new Time Series Forecast Plugin , what is the impact on the Academy? 

Will there be a module that explains in some more detail about this new exciting update?

--Tom
7 Replies
Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @tgb417 , thanks for the question!

The long-term impact on Academy will be the inclusion of a full-blown course with video to follow the Time Series Preparation course.  In the short term, there will be a tutorial added to knowledge.dataiku.com to cover the new plugin.

Best,
Alex 

under_the_radar
Level 2

Any updates on a full Forecasting course?

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @under_the_radar , unfortunately we don't have too much new information to share. It's still something we hope to work on; we just haven't been able to dedicate resources to it yet. In the meantime, the best tutorial would be here. Thanks for your interest!

Dataiku
0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

@under_the_radar  we also have this gallery project demonstrating the Forecast plugin. See the wiki for more information.

Dataiku
0 Kudos
under_the_radar
Level 2

Thank you. As many sample flows I could get my hands on would be a decent substitute for a training module.

0 Kudos
under_the_radar
Level 2

I would be particularly grateful if you had any examples of people using Forecast for long format multiple time series.

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

In addition to the gallery project on forecasting exchange rates, there are two other gallery projects that use the Forecast plugin. All of these have wikis, which explain the projects in detail.

Forecasting stock prices

Forecasting retail sales

For a more complex example of how this plugin can actually be deployed, there's also an industry solution on electricity and CO2 emission that uses the forecast plugin.

Dataiku