The Dataiku Community is moving to a new home!

Michael Grayson
Michael Grayson Administrator, Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Community Team Posts: 298 Administrator
edited June 27 in What's New

Hi all - as you can see from the title, we are moving!

The Community has grown and flourished here for the past 4 years and it’s time for a new adventure. We hope our new home will bring improved performance, better search, and a great foundation for us to continue to build on.

Once our move is complete, we will be using a brand new community platform, while preserving as much of our look and feel as possible! Our top priority after a smooth transition is to dive into improvements to the new platform.

From a practical perspective this will result in a short period of posting restrictions beginning on June 19th, with new posts becoming disallowed, and on June 20th, with new replies also being disallowed. The Community will remain this way, frozen but still fully visible, until migration work is complete and the new platform is ready to open, hopefully by June 28th - but of course delays are possible and we will keep you updated.

I’m sorry for the fact the Community needs to be restricted like this, we have worked to minimize the time this needs to be the case, and will be hard at work while it’s down to bring it back ASAP!

Any questions about the process please ask here.

Update - 19th June, new posts now disabled - full read only to begin tomorrow.

Update - 20th June, now comments, reactions, and edits are now disabled - the community is in full read only.

Tagged:

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

Are there any features or legacy data that will not be migrated? If so is there any way for current users to archive their past conversations?

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,007 Neuron

Any chance we can test the new site before it goes live to give early feedback and prevent go-live surprises?

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,007 Neuron

Will old links work in the system? Will the new system auto-replace cross post links in existing posts?

• Turribeach

What is the brand new community platform?

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

+1 on the old links question.

Often I will reference another post in my answer. Will internal links on the community platform work.

Will links to related sites also work. For example links to the knowledge base site or the academy?

Will the old community site still exist for posts on other platforms to reference?

• Michael Grayson
    Michael Grayson Administrator, Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Community Team Posts: 298 Administrator

@tgb417
    @Turribeach

Good questions, thank you for them

• As a starting point all content currently on the community will still be on the new platform. Some areas that are either almost totally unused or associated with programs that are no longer running will be technically migrated (the content won't be lost) but will be hidden in the new platform. That includes the Job Board, and almost all user groups.
    • Links will continue to work - there should be redirects meaning that any legacy links, be they in posts or stored elsewhere, continue to work. If you find any that don't work after the migration please tell me and I will be very happy to look into them. Links to other sites will work exactly as before, no redirects required.
    • As for pre-release testing in the interest of transparency I will say that I wanted to be able to have Neurons doing this but unfortunately time has worked against us and it won't be possible.

In terms of things that won't migrate the list is small but includes: